You will develop understanding of the target customers and market dynamics in order to launch and support new products, services, and technologies to customers, the F5 sales force, analysts and channel partners. The role requires excellent writing skills in prose and presentation formats, as well as marketing execution and business analysis skills with a proven track record of effectively promoting technology products and solutions. You will craft product messaging and positioning, launch new products, and enable sales teams.
Do you have strong communication and project coordination skills? Can you work effectively with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Corporate Marketing, and Sales and Business Development, to lead and execute on a wide variety of product marketing initiatives. Will you love developing customer and sales-facing presentations and other materials, including sales playbooks, white papers, website material, videos, and written communications to employees and external audiences.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates F5 products in the market
- Enable Sales/Partner teams by communicating the value proposition of the products and developing the sales tools that support the sales motion of your products
- Support product launches by developing launch plans for new products and releases and managing the cross-functional implementation of the plans
- Produce product collateral such as sales, customer, and analyst presentations, product overview and datasheets, FAQs, briefs, and webcasts
- Build and leverage market intelligence by understanding the new and emerging F5 buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, and by understanding the competition and how to position successfully
- Contribute to demand generation efforts by delivering product content and participating in activities for the marketing programs that drive demand for F5 products
- Develop and implement go-to-market plan in coordination with cross-functional team including corporate marketing, sales/channel readiness, and BD teams.
- Communicate with sales and channel teams, customers, and partners via webcasts, direct meetings, marketing communications, and industry events.
- Support engagements with industry press and trade analysts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working in a global role and understanding marketing difference across different regions
- Extensive hands on experience with Microsoft Office. Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Good collaboration and negotiation skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams and organizations and locations
- Knowledge of enterprise marketing and sales processes
- Understanding of networking technologies is a plus.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, up to 20% of the time spent traveling.
- BA/BS degreerequired.
- 2+ years experience in product marketing or equivalent
- 2+ years analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.