As Product Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the Product, Marketing and Sales leaders to develop and manage external product positioning, messaging, collateral, and a full library of sales enablement materials. You will need to quickly become an expert on Ellie Mae’s products, the market, our customers, and competition and be able to translate this knowledge into high-impact materials that clearly communicate the value of our products to the marketplace.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Develop and implement messaging platforms that clearly position the company and its product lines in the marketplace.
- Create high-impact internal and customer-facing materials that clearly communicate the value and unique advantage of our products.
- Lead and manage go-to-market strategies and tactics on new product and release launches including, but not limited to, outbound client communications.
- Ensure that we continuously enhance and maintain a competitive, best-in-class set of marketing materials to support our products.
- Develop and manage sales tools including battle cards, sales presentations, ROI calculators, and positioning documents.
- Develop and manage outbound product-related materials such as brochures, data sheets, white papers, web content, and newsletter articles.
- Train field sales on product positioning – ensure all sales members can internalize and clearly communicate our product positioning and message.
- Coordinate closely with marketing, product, sales, and other cross functional teams.
- Specific deliverables include sales presentations, product profiles, brochures, fliers, sales ideas, client materials, product-related web content, and internal sales tools.
Qualifications, Skills, and Education
- 7+ years in technology marketing
- Experience in leading the development of high-impact sales materials including sales tools and presentations
- Experience in leading the development effective and creative product marketing collateral, such as Web content, data sheets, and white papers
- Experience in competitive research and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to travel, up to 30%
- BA or BS degree and/or equivalent experience required
- MBA preferred
- Mortgage industry experience is a plus