We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help our sales and marketing team convey the benefits of our products and services to the higher ed industry. These products and services include, but our not limited to, all apps within Encoura Data Lab, Eduventures Research, and our Digital Solutions portfolio. This ideal candidate is driven by our mission to encourage institutions to make more informed decisions that optimize fit and create the highest probability of success. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing and work closely with our product and research team to fully understand our products and services, while working to enable our sales team.
A day in the life of a Product Marketing Manager:
- Fully understand the breadth and depth of Encoura Data Lab, Eduventures Research, Enrollment Services, and Digital Solutions offerings and understand the features and benefits we provide
- Understand the competitive marketplace and the differentiators our services offer by comparison
- Develop buyer personas for our product and services. Assist marketing team in creating marketable segments
- Understand and support our regional directors, training them on the problems our products and services solve for our buyers and keeping their knowledge up to date, developing internal and external tools and collateral and teaching them how and when to use it
- Collect feedback from sales teams and directly from customers to inform product positioning and innovation
- Partner with sales and product functions to develop sales and marketing assets, such as datasheets, ROI calculators, webinars, product videos, white papers, sales presentations and conference collateral
- Pitch solution-oriented, thought leadership presentations for conference speaking opportunities
- Within 1 month, you will understand what makes ACT | NRCCUA an amazing organization. You will complete the onboarding process, meet with marketing, research, product, and sales teams, and learn how your role interacts with other team members across the organization. You will have developed an understanding of Encoura Data Lab, Eduventures Research, and our Digital Solutions offerings. You will understand the benefits that our products and services provide and the impact it has on higher ed institutions and their ability to connect with their best-fit students.
- Within 3 months, you will have a strong understanding of the competitive marketplace for Encoura Data Lab and our larger service portfolio, and how our products and services differentiate from competitors. You will have developed consumer personas. You will also have a strong grasp of the overall journey from our college planning programs for students to Encoura Data Lab, and how our products enable informed decisions for college and career success for students, educators, and higher education institutions alike.
- Within 6 months, you will be partnering with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product, Research) to develop marketing assets, presentations, and be able to pitch thought-leadership presentations for regional and national conferences in the higher ed space. You will be training teams on the problems our products and services solve for students and educators.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum three years of experience in B2B marketing
- Experience in driving B2B product positioning and sales enablement
- Experience from a high-tech SaaS company or digital marketing company is a plus
- Experience working closely with field sales teams both to deliver content and to gather feedback
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to think creatively while making decisions based on data
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in fast-paced marketing environments
- Teamwork skills a must, proven ability to manage external resources and collaborate with other functions in the company