Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you'll engage in all aspects of the product lifecycle including beta testing, market positioning, feature prioritization, launch communications, and ongoing adoption. You will work with a cross-functional team across Sales, Communications, Legal, Product Development, Engineering and more to ensure product success. You'll identify and understand business needs and optimize content and channels to maximize reach, efficacy, and impact. You will also help app developers build for multiple products and lead the product marketing strategy for Android platforms such as TV, Wear, and Auto.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Define and execute Go-to-Market strategies to optimize developer adoption for Android platforms including; TV, Wear, and Auto and optimizing apps for Chrome OS.
- Build and improve our online product messaging for both new and existing products to highlight examples, best practices, and tools to help developers on Google Play.
- Understand the full scope of app and game developers’ needs (e.g. user acquisition, analytics, retention, monetization etc.) around growing their business, and market trends and landscape.
- Become a domain expert on ChromeOS ecosystem and fully comprehend its roadmap and implications for Android and web developers.
- Build content and product narratives for key developerevents and campaigns and work with other Google developer Marketing teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in product marketing.
- Experience with the mobile app or developer ecosystem.
- Demonstrated passion for analyzing products, customers, and market dynamics, with an understanding of the market landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to produce impactful product narratives and educational content.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing industry.
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills with the ability to play close attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and analytical skills as well as effective written and oral communication skills.