The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) will be responsible for product launch and coordinate, leading go to market from an internal, external, and product enablement perspective.
The PMM is responsible for establishing product strategy and an integrated marketing plan to drive awareness, trial and adoption of new and existing vAuto products. This role will work across marketing, sales, product, training, and operations to influence and drive the reasons to partner with vAuto as a solution for new, used and wholesale inventory.
The PM will need to become an expert on the products, target markets, our customer list and competition and can translate this knowledge into high-impact materials that clearly communicate the value of our products to the marketplace. The PMM will aid Brand Marketing to develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. The Product Marketing Manager will also work closely with product and marketing teams across Cox Automotive to identify and capitalize on opportunities to broaden customer adoption and utilization of our products and services.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Product Marketing Cox Automotive Inventory Software and partners closely with all key internal stakeholders.
- Plan the go to market launch of new products/releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Partnering with Product Management, work closely during product pilots to understand the product positioning, value, key messaging, and early adopters to drive marketing collateral, testimonials, and case studies.
- Communicate regularly with product development leadership to keep current on activities, provide updates on marketing activities and provide research and insight-based suggestions on future product development
- Provide regular, client-facing feedback to vAuto Product and Brand Marketing teams.
- Support Brand Marketing plans for new and existing products to drive revenue from a product perspective.
- Serve as the “voice of the client” when developing product positioning and messaging that differentiates vAuto in the market.
- Be the product conduit into the vAuto marketing team, providing context for new products and features in the weeks and month prior to launch to influence and drive future marketing campaigns.
- Work across vAuto and other Cox Automotive marketing departments to identify opportunities to promote existing product offerings and bundled products and services.
- Perform Win/Loss analysis collaborating with Sales, Product, and Clients.
- Take active leadership role in sharing product utilization and adoption results across the organization to drive future product and marketing strategies.
- Partner with the brand marketing team to develop the long-term product marketing strategy.
- Support the implementation of messaging and marketing campaigns that clearly position vAuto product lines and features in the competitive marketplace.
- Provide product input to generate materials for multiple product or service launches including press releases, launch materials, customer presentations, and advertising.
- Create high-impact internal and customer-facing materials that clearly communicate the value proposition and unique advantage of vAuto products.
- Establish workflow with products to ensure accurate and timely product positioning and strategy development.
- Helps research new product concepts with our client base. Provide research and analytic support to evaluate new and emerging product opportunities within or adjacent to existing product areas, high-level feasibility study, attractiveness, feasibility, and strategic fit for new product opportunities for management to use to make go/no go decisions.
- From time-to-time, identify and assesses product opportunities based upon market demands, unmet needs, common issues or underlying causes, competitive analysis and potential business relationships.
- Provides research and development for product line pricing, packaging/bundling, tier strategy and promotion input to sales, business development and product management.
- Develops strategic marketing plans for responsible products. Conduct market analysis, including SWOT, market sizing, revenue projection, and detailed competitive investigation.
- Establish and manage product council(s), customer satisfaction surveys, feedback channels, and keeps in regular contact with key customers.
- Support overall product strategy and identify by driving production of messaging materials, digital communications, and multimedia.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in business or related discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience in product and/or marketing, automotive experience a plus
- Experience in developing creative for advertising materials and advertising communications
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams in both leadership and member roles
- Excellent presentation, verbal communication and writing skills
- Analysis skills to not only present data but also summarize the findings and propose recommendations for future improvement
- Ability to work with sales teams on sales enablement materials needed
- Support marketing events
- Innovative and vision in the area of marketing and product development
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization
- Strong product management skills
- Strategic thinker and creative marketer
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required