As a member of our world class Marketing team, you are responsible for the competitive positioning and validation marketing that drives SmartRecruiter's bottom of funnel sales success. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Market intelligence – Understand the recruitment software market, current and emerging competitive threats, competitor’s solutions, corporate strategies, activities, partnerships, strengths and weaknesses; be an expert on SmartRecruiters’ competition and how to beat them.
- Competitive differentiation – Work closely with your marketing peers to ensure competitive differentiation for SmartRecruiters' product messaging, web content, campaigns, and corporate marketing content.
- Competitive positioning and messaging – Craft messaging documents that serve as the keystone for internal and outbound competitive sales assets, including web copy, presentations, competitive displacement campaigns, and press releases.
- Sales enablement – Communicate the competitive positioning of SmartRecruiters' products and solutions to sales teams. Develop the sales tools that support the selling process, including battlecards, feature and positioning comparisons, white papers, and training.
- Content creation– Collaborate closely with the demand generation team to guide and develop the ideal content and competitive positioning for outbound competitive programs.
- Validation Marketing - Identify and deliver the key content that prospective clients require to feel safe and reassured about their SmartRecruiters purchase decision
- Evangelist– Craft and deliver compelling presentations for in-person and online events, not only highlighting SmartRecruiters' advantages over competing solutions, but also positioning SmartRecruiters relative to market trends, partner dynamics, and emerging buyer behaviors.
- Thought leadership- Be an external (and internal) thought leader about the market and competitive environment, contributing regularly on the company’s blog and other social media outlets.
- Strategic sales support – Provide strategic support on competitive sales deals; be the expert on competitor specific issues.
- Product roadmap development – Assess the competitive landscape to identify product gaps, competitive threats, and strategic opportunities; provide product management and engineering with input into product and roadmap planning and releases.
- Pricing & Packaging - Leveraging your deep industry and competitive insight, partner with the product and sales organization to define and drive the companies overall pricing and packaging for its products
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other graduate degree a plus; technical background a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience in competitive intelligence, product marketing, or sales engineering with extensive experience marketing B2B technology products.
- Strong written, oral, and visual communicator.
- Proven ability to analyze markets, products, and competitors, and translate that information into useful intelligence and sales tools.
- Demonstrated ability to create differentiated positioning and messaging that resonates with potential customers, analysts, and other stakeholders.
- Industry experience in Hr Technology, Software as a Service, cloud, or ERP is desirable.
- Ability to travel as needed for customer events, conferences, etc.