Reports To: Director of Product Management
Need someone who understands B2B and B2C
Develops assigned product portfolio strategy, including: product positioning, pricing strategy, and go-to-market initiatives that deliver on company growth and margin targets. Defines the overall North America marketing plan for the assigned product(s), including distribution and channel mix, price setting, revenue expectations, brand management, marketing communications and launch plans. Directs cross functional groups to implement product line strategies and manage product life cycles. Ensures product line activities are aligned with key company strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the management and growth of the assigned product line portfolio; utilizes product portfolio management, and product life cycle tools and processes to manage the product line structure
- Develops and leads the execution of strategic marketing plans for the assigned product(s) including but not limited to;
- Leading marketing activities
- Identifying target markets and industry segments and the channel structure required to access them, and
- Drives the execution of implementation plans and strategic plans.
- Evaluation of, and recommending changes to existing assigned products
- Appraisal of all new product ideas in the assigned product line
- Responsible for initiating, developing, managing, and introducing new products and marketing programs based on solid identification of target markets and applications to optimize new product.
- Development of promotion and training requirements and related materials for efficient and expeditious acceptance of the product in the market.
- Manages product line market pricing and margin in support of company strategic goals. Conducts market research and field visits to identify key consumer insights and customer requirements.
- Leads cross-functional team(s) in competitor, product, technology, and market-specific competitive intelligence gathering and evaluation.
- Works closely with engineering regarding R&D activities on the identification and integration of new and emerging technologies and innovation into the existing product portfolio to specifically create a sustainable market differentiation. Provides oversight regarding product or innovation marketability and analysis regarding return on investment.
- Develops field communications and publications including product and program specific collateral [i.e. literature, web, technical solutions] to support product plan objectives and to target key opportunities aligned with product line strategic objectives
- Develops time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, engineering, and production regarding the introduction or refresh of assigned product(s)
- Determines and supports specific customer relations programs including industry conventions, annual meetings, and trade associations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus five to ten years of experience in Product Management/Marketing. Experience must include portfolio management. Individuals with consumer/shopper marketingexperience and strategic planning experience are preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Master’s/MBA strongly preferred