The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing the new business and driving the strategic vision for the Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDA) portfolio in the Emergency Responder Communication Enhancement Systems market, a top strategic growth initiative for Fire Americas. This includes developing the strategic roadmap, driving new product development through the buy-to-sell (BTS) and NPI processes, leading cross functional teams to accomplish goals, and managing the portfolio of current products.
You will own the end to end product line and will be accountable for product profitability. You will work closely with people at all levels of the organization to maximize growth, development and return on investment of the organization’s product portfolio. You will integrate inputs to develop distinctive product plans with outstanding financial outcomes.
Strategy & Roadmap
- Define and develop the product roadmap and strategic plan for implementing the vision for the strategic initiative.
New Product Development
- Develop and drive the NPI pipeline of new product projects. Perform VOC and OVOC to define new product marketing requirements based on articulated and unarticulated customer needs. Develop market segmentation for targeted development and increased profitability.
- Lead and work closely with cross functional team to drive projects through the BTS or NPI process. Develop launch plans with Channel Marketing and Marcom to support product from release through sustained sales.
- Develop data based value propositions and business cases, and assist in prioritization of multiple projects based on income and revenue opportunities. Analyze market needs and value proposition data to develop new product pricing strategies to maximize operating income.
- Use internal and external market data to set target growth goals for revenue and profit.
- Develop comprehensive product marketing plans for the BDA product portfolio, including positioning, pricing, profitability improvement, SKU rationalization and other lifecycle management.
- Report monthly on product sales and review for product strategy adjustments.
- Work cross functionally with engineering, quality, regulatory, ISC, channel marketing, marketing communications, sales, training, customer and product support teams, to drive portfolio success in profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Develop content for product communications including product bulletins, website and customer communications.
- Understand industry requirements including regulatory codes, and competitive offerings.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business-related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in B2B technical product marketing selling through one step or two step distribution.
- Works well in cross-functional teams—including external supplier partners?
- Experience managing product development through a phase gate process.
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective group presentation skills.
- Quickly identifies patterns among problems & issues.
- Makes timely decisions balancing systematic analysis.
- Some experience in product or strategic marketing.
- Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issue.
- Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
- Experience & ability to apply to product line.