At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Abbott is seeking a passionate, strategic marketer to join the Heart Failure group, one of the company’s fastest-growing divisions. Heart Failure is a condition that affects 5 million people in the United States alone, and Abbott’s coordinated effort to bring new medical device solutions to this population will revolutionize how this debilitating condition is treated in the US and abroad. The CentriMag™ acute heart failure product line includes temporary devices used to support life in the sickest patients, providing the stabilization needed to recover from acute illness or to move on to permanent therapies. The acute heart failure space is still in its infancy – fast-growing and exciting.
This position serves as a key contributor to development and commercialization efforts for Abbott CentriMag™ products. This includes business plans, communications initiatives, field support, product support, and contributing to internal cross-functional team efforts. Success requires close collaboration with global field sales and clinical support teams, global and regional marketing teams, and other functional departments throughout the Abbott organization. This position is regarded as a subject matter expert for the CentriMag™ product line.
- Recognized as a leader in the organization, driving decision making in a market-driven way
- Leads marketing and business planefforts
- Identifies and quantifies opportunities, defines requirements, develops tactics, leads execution
- Collaborates with cross-functional colleagues
- Presents plans to internal management
- Owns the development and management of product value proposition, positioning, and messaging
- Works with marketing communications to develop launch materials, product literature, and other collateral material
- Understands competitive environment, and develops strategies for addressing competitive pressures and objections
- Develops product bulletins on new and current products.
- Communicates relevant information to internal stakeholders and the field team
- Conducts product training and demonstrations for customers, field team, and internal teams
- Builds strong relationships with regional sales and marketing teams around the world to ensure successful launch of products, programs, and campaigns
- Builds strong relationships with key opinion leaders around the world
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 4 yeardegree; MBA preferred
- 5 or more years marketing experience, preferably in the medical device or healthcare industry
- Experience working with complex product portfolios in the medical device industry
- Experience with strategic product planning and commercial execution
- Developed leadership skills/experience, including the ability to map task interdependencies, prioritize such tasks, and develop, monitor and live within budgets as well as the demonstrated ability to forecast major milestones.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish goals
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization, including public speaking
- Multitasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%, including internationally
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Pleasanton : 6101 Stoneridge Dr
Yes,20% of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.