Xpanxion first arrived in Ames in 2012, and in 2016 opened the doors to a brand new office.This office helps to further exemplify our commitment to succeed and foster our relationship in the community. Xpanxion is excited to be a contributing factor to the continuous progress within Ames' growing tech industry.
We were recognized in 2014 with the Economic Impact Award and again in 2015 with the Prometheus IT Service Provider of the Year award. We look to consistently leverage this office and access to the talented technical individuals this location offers.
The Product Manager Role must be able to derive, document and deliver detailed product requirements and acceptance criteria to cross functional operational teams in an agile software life cycle methodology (Development, Quality Assurance, sales, services, support, etc.). Strong leadership skills and motivation would serve a candidate well in this role.
- Conduct Client interviews to derive, document and verify End User needs to be included in software products
- Interact with Software Development Life Cycle team in product roadmap and sprint planning
- Conduct Market Analysis / Segmentation / Definition to refine product features / requirements
- Develop content required for product quote tools (pricing, long descriptions, short descriptions, etc.)
- Design workflows and user requirements
- Define personas (user, buyer)
- Cost analysis – build vs. buy decisions
- Vendor comparisons and selection
- 4-yeardegree in engineering, business, computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years product management experience
- 1+ years managerial experience
- Thorough knowledge product management, product management lifecycle and approaches (helpful to know application lifecycle management as well) and demonstrated leadership skills
Working in small, fast moving teams, you will:
- Work to solve complex problems with elegant solutions.
- Be self- driven and thrive in an ever changing environment.
- Be surrounded by IT individuals who have a passion for new technologies and finding innovation solutions.
- Work with teams who focus on success as a whole, not concerned with individual
- Have exposure to a wide variety of businesses in a fast paced consulting environment.
- Positions are full-time employees of Xpanxion, not contractors
- Employees have the support of an excellent training program
- Multiple other positions available at multiple different experience and education levels
- Competitive salary and benefits