Wilshire Associates has four business units; Wilshire Consulting, Wilshire Analytics, Wilshire Funds Management and Wilshire Private Markets (“WPM”). Since its founding in 1972, Wilshire Associates has evolved from an investment technology firm into a global advisory company specializing in investment products, consulting services, and technology solutions. We have maintained throughout our history our strong commitment to our clients and have worked to retain our position of leadership in providing innovative ideas to the investment industry.
Wilshire Private Markets is a global private markets solutions provider, managing multi-investor discretionary funds, customized separate accounts and non-discretionary advisory services. WPM invests in private partnerships, direct co-investments and secondary limited partnership interests with a focus on buyouts, venture capital, private credit and private real assets, and currently manages and advises on approximately $8.5 billion of institutional capital. We have offices in the United States, Europe, and Hong Kong.
Wilshire Private Markets is seeking an experienced professional to join the marketing department of WPM. The marketing team is comprised of client service and business development, and works closely with the operations and investment teams. This individual will work with and support the head of marketing.
This role has been newly created to support our multi-investor, discretionary funds business. The Product Manager will collaborate with investment, distribution, and operations team members across our four global offices to acquire, develop and enhance institutional private capital product offerings to prospective investors. Products and solutions will span all private capital asset classes: private equity, private debt, private real estate and private real assets. The Product Manager will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of a product offering: including strategy, research/design, internal/regulatory approvals, implementation/launch, market positioning and distribution strategy, and campaign management.
The Product Manager will be responsible for creating materials that clearly and concisely articulate the fund strategy and highlight our innovative approach. Material creation will also include fund overview/term sheets, management fee proposals, expense projections, development timelines, and Investment/Business Committee materials. Beyond product development, the Product Manager will also be responsible for analyzing and recommending products in terms of market relevance and competitive positioning, pricing, etc. The ideal candidate will express a strong desire to continue expanding their knowledge and refining their skills by proactively staying abreast of macroeconomic trends and public/private market dynamics.
- Outstanding ability to define and deconstruct problems and intuitively prioritize issues
- Excellent analytical/conceptual problem-solving skills, with ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative approaches to develop actionable recommendations
- Demonstration of high intellectual capacity and curiosity; understanding of financial markets and the investment lifecycle is a plus
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and quick-study mentality; ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Robust project management and communication skills with demonstrated ability to gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing requirements
- CFA and/or CAIA is a plus
- Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least a small degree of understanding of the private markets (private equity, private credit and private real assets investments).