Spectralink provides best-in-class Wi-Fi smart phones that enable mobileworkers like nurses, warehouse staff and big store sales associates to do their job better than ever.
As the global leader in purpose-built wireless communications, we’ve deployed over 3 million devices to customers around the world.
Our dedication to listening and understanding the needs of the customer is the foundation of our business. We use this expertise every day to build the right solutions for mobileworkers.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in the U.K. and Denmark, we are one global company with a common vision and mission that drive us to WorkSmart.
Summary of Responsibilities
Spectralink – The Enterprise Mobility Company – is the global leader in enterprise wireless communications. Since 1990, Spectralink Corporation has deployed over 3 million purpose built devices to customers around the world enabling millions of workers to work smarter with more efficient and reliable enterprise communications. Spectralink solutions enable voice, texts, alarms, alerts, and key applications. They are highly interoperable with the leading enterprise call control, Wi-Fi access points and workflow applications. Spectralink has a strong network of partners selling mobile workforce solutions that are purpose-built for staff working in sectors including healthcare, retail and manufacturing. Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, Spectralink has now expanded its Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) business by opening its EMEA sales headquarters in London, UK and will continue to leverage the unique expertise of its technical and sales support centre of excellence, based in Horsens, Denmark.
This is an ideal position for an ambitious and smart individual to join one of the world's most innovative companies in the enterprise mobile space. This position requires a high level of initiative, great attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, ability to drive complex projects to success, proven leadership skills, an ability to work with geographically distributed sales teams, and top notch communication and inter-cultural skills.
You must possess both a strong technical aptitude and keen business acumen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define future product strategy with sustainable and compelling differentiation based on customer needs, competitive analysis, market and technology trends
- Create overall product and feature requirements.
- Translate customer needs into detailed business requirements and use cases.
- “Own” the product’s user experience and feature set and act as the product evangelist to build awareness within the organization and the market
- Maintain product lifecycle with new features and capabilities, pricing strategies, identification and strategies for target markets, and cost reductions.
- Work with internal stakeholders to define the scope of product projects, and gain agreement on project schedule, impacts, and requirements.
- Oversee competitive materials and SE/Sales support materials as well as customer presentations
- Customer/Market Research – gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market and technology analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use
- Analyze relevant current and future market elements that will determine product success, including competitive product positioning, competitor strategies, sources of differentiation, distributionchannel strategy and structure, competitive manufacturing cost comparisons, market segmentation, and messaging.
- Report project status on a regular basis to internal project teams and management.
- Conduct training for the sales teams to drive successful customer engagements.
- Support Spectralink and partner sales teams with customers and events.
Education and Experience Required
A BS in engineering, computer science, or a related technical field (or equivalent practical experience). MBA or MS a plus. Requires 3-5 years in a similar role and proven background in product management, including road mapping, requirements management, prioritization, stakeholder communications, delivery management and operational excellence.
- Experience designing and building great user experiences on both the web and mobile devices
- Deep technical understanding of one or more of: Smartphone product design, Wi-Fi Networks, SIP Protocols, ODM-based product development, Android.
- Familiarity with building devices for Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality or Manufacturing verticals is preferred.
- Direct and relevant experience and a strong understanding of product lifecycles, release planning, from concept inception through to product end-of-life, with specific experience in transitioning customers from legacy product lines to new ones.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile development environment and manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to research and understand customer needs
- Ability to present ideas and plans clearly and confidently to all levels of management and engineering teams
- Excellent customer-facing attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate effectively and build consensus in a cross-functional team
- Ability to perform cost/benefit financial analysis on product opportunities
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%