The Product Manager will lead the company’s high-growth business which is going through an exciting transformation. This business is a highly strategic offering in the diagnostics portfolio, and the Product Manager will be responsible for sustaining the business’ strong growth trajectory while also increasing the accessibility of the existing the current portfolio while driving focus on critical opportunities for portfolio expansion. Approximately 8,000 practices, globally, use our product today, in critical, sick-pet situations. This position will be critical to further advancing the standard of care for sick pets in veterinary medicine and increasing the relevance of this product in these cases.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Product Manager will be the product lead and business analyst lead for this offering, which generates over $12 million in annual revenue, globally. This leader will work with the General Manager to set the strategy and direction for the business. S/he will define the multi-yearproduct roadmap and develop requirements for the roadmap’s deliverables.
The Product Manager will partner with key functions including R&D, laboratory operations, marketing, sales, medical affairs and finance to develop the product strategy, messaging, and collaborate our commercial team. The Product Manager will team with the business GM, medical affairs and R&D to define the menu expansion strategy.
This leader, a member of the Strategic Innovation Team, will join a vibrant and committed group of entrepreneurial leaders driving advancements in veterinary health diagnostics and diagnostic platforms that in turn improves pet care, practice efficiency and profitability.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collaborate with the GM and R&D Head of this business to establish strategic direction consistent with overall Labs strategy and larger company mission.
· Implement growth strategy through product enhancements, extensions, and product partnerships.
· Define, establish and achieve financial and other objectives (“SMART goals”) for the product line.
· Direct product marketing efforts, including pricing, packaging, positioning, partnerships, and competitive analysis.
· Participate in product “platform” definition and technology decisions.
· Support the customer support team and sales organizations.
· Provide ongoing analysis of key operating measures. Provide overall leadership for the company’s Service, Technology and Product (STP) Team
· Communicate, support and lead execution of the company’s mission, values and principles.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• MBA or equivalent, preferably paired with a STEM-related bachelor’s or master’s degree
• 3+ years of progressive product management and/or product marketing leadership and management experience
• Experience in Reference Labs, Clinical Labs or Research Labs