GCP Applied Technologies is seeking an experienced product management professional to support the growth of the Specialty Building Materials business. In this role, the Product Manager will be responsible for establishing the promotional strategy, portfolio requirements, and commercial and channel programs required to drive profitable growth of GCP’s waterproofing portfolio, primarily focused on foundation and below-grade waterproofing. This includes all types of below-grade foundation construction and infrastructure waterproofing applications. A successful applicant will have a strong financial acumen, product management experience and a proven track record of cross-functional team leadership. In addition to daily support of the business, this role will work closely with the established marketing, communications, operations and commercial organizations on long-term strategic programs to broaden the GCP portfolio and channel presence.
- Maintain a close connection with R&D, Global Marketing and GCP Technical Service to successfully manage the development of a robust and complete suite of waterproofing solutions. In addition to product launch and market activation planning/execution, this includes portfolio lifecycle management.
- Identify portfolio enhancement opportunities, both organic and inorganic. Contribute to product development programs from ideation through commercialization including go-to-market channel strategy and execution. Conduct market needs and technology road mapping to clearly articulate future growth options, through portfolio development, partnership and acquisition.
- GCP’s materials are sold through specialty building material distributors as well as direct to applicators. This role will be responsible for fully understanding the available channels; assessing the business objectives and expectations of the various partners, identifying both gaps and opportunities and working with sales to develop and implement actionable plans to expand GCP’s presence.
- Lead commercial initiatives across a range of end use segments/applications. Contribute to GCP’s marketing strategy including brand alignment/management, category management, digital programs and online website presence.
- Work directly with sales leadership to develop and nurture contractor, specifier, waterproofing consultant and key end-user customer accounts. This will encompass program development and coordination in areas such as promotion, training, regional sales planning, loyalty programs and territory roadmap development.
- Collaborate across the marketing function and with the Customer Experience and Communications team to develop campaigns and promotions to enhance channel partnerships and increase brand equity and awareness throughout the entire value chain. Leverage GCP’s digital marketing capabilities to extend reach down channel.
- Support productivity and business optimization projects for the betterment of the business P&L. Serve as key contributor for internal business reviews and management presentations to GCP senior leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or relevant field is required. MBA preferred.
- Must have minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in a related product management or marketing capacity. Commercial waterproofing or below-grade construction, applicable channel marketing and/or distribution experience a plus.
- Up to 30% travel expected. Based in Cambridge, MA.