Job ID 563057BR
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
This position, known as the product manager on an agile software development team, will be part of the Identity & Data Platforms team, and is responsible for representing the voice of the customer (and sponsors/stakeholders) in the context of the Identity & Data Platforms product strategies. Product manager, in close partnership with the Product Management team, communicate the vision of what to build, and prioritize the sequence of features and stories to be implemented. They own the feature backlog. The product manager spends a significant portion of their time ‘making work ready’ for the agile software development team, that is to ensure that the team has a backlog of prioritized stories that are ready for execution by the team prior to the next iteration. They will utilize varied techniques, in conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, to evaluate the information available and make informed tradeoffs that reflect the highest priority needs of the customer in line with the Identity & Data Platforms strategic goals.The product owner is able to dive deep into functional and non-functional requirements, customer needs, user scenarios and edge cases.While product owners are not expected to drive technological decisions (the how), they must have an understanding of how the architectural approach and technologies used will enable opportunities for platform growth and future product capabilities.
- Is the voice of the customer and product strategy on the agile software development team. They understand the customer personas (e.g., end users, segments), customer needs and pain-points.
- Own the agile team’s backlog and works with the Product Manager to ensure the team is focused on the highest priority items.
- Prioritize the team backlog and make work ready for implementation prior to the start of each iteration.
- Collaborate with architects, UX designers, engineers and stakeholder representatives to write end-to-end user stories that are independent, negotiable, valuable, etimable, small and testable.
- Establish measurement baseline for identified KPIs to measure feature success and conduct post-release measurements / action plans.
- Apply deep product subject matter expertise and have sufficient technical competency to evaluate technical options to optimize delivery.
- Validate proposed features with key stakeholder groups to optimize the business value across security, legal compliance, brand compliance, technology and user experience.
- Partner with product management to develop and execute on go-to-market plans in support of major feature releases.
- Promote and advocate for agile development to increase the team’s agile competency over time.
- 5-7 years of product development experience, ideally in web and mobile software engineering or related field
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced matrixed environment with externally imposed milestones (e.g., regulatory compliance)
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers to produce clear and actionable outcomes.
- Experience as a member of a high performing team working in a fast-paced enterprise software development environment while demonstrating a strong ability to balance multiple priorities and respond to urgent issues and/or changes in product priorities.
- Superior attention to detail supported by excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of personnel
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, delivering business and technical outcomes across multiple priorities
- Must be value delivery focused, with a strong willingness to roll up your sleeves to help your team meet its commitments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Embraces the lean-agile mindset and behaviors to demonstrate leadership and inspire high performing teams
- Able to breakdown complex business and technical value statements into consumable stories
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack web, mobile and OTT software and data architectures
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize team delivery
- Experience working in a complex matrixed environment
- Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently.
- Not afraid to contradict others while proactively offering solution alternatives
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Demonstrates deep curiosity and Mickey attention to detail
- Consulting experience
- Media and entertainment industry experience
- Advertising and/or marketing tech experience
- Experience working with consumer identity and data sharing technology including familiarity with legal and security implications
- SAFe Certification (desired)
- Product Owner Certification (desired)
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience