About the Role:
The Product Manager will be responsible for product vision, planning, marketing, and business success. The ideal candidate must have proven management skills, including the ability to drive analytical rigor in decision-making, strong business acumen, and a solid ability to work cross-functionally. The candidate must be able to articulate value propositions – internally and externally – and possess demonstrable expertise in driving strategic goals in concert with tactical execution.
Core job functions will include customer and market research, product roadmap, product requirements definition, product positioning and price strategy, competitive analysis, go-to-market support and customer care.
- Research and analyze market conditions, key competitors and consumer trends
- Use market feedback to drive product requirements via customer use cases
- Translate customer use cases into detailed product requirements / specifications
- Formulate business cases and roadmaps required for cross-functional planning
- Develop core product positioning and messaging
- Develop pricing / packaging strategies required for revenue / profit attainment
- Develop and execute successful go to market plans including launch planning and necessary sales tools / collateral
- Successfully interact with cross functional teams including engineering, sales and marketing to deliver compelling solutions that grow company revenue
- Work with third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of security or networking marketing/product management experience
- Experience positioning, messaging and launching products on a global basis
- Proven track record for product delivery and launch. Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and provide hands-on management.
- Proven ability to initiate and author comprehensive requirement specifications for hardware and software products (PRDs)
- High-integrity, team player with demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills