As a Product Manager you will provide project management and day-to-day business support for cross cutting technology services (e.g., APIs, microservices) and infrastructure. You will act as a player coach for a team of product owners responsible for creating a vision (and executing upon it) that incorporates the need for modernization, stability, and onboarding new users to the services they own. Employees will have the ability to quickly build technical acumen and work with their team to balance multiple priorities to ensure the most valuable outcomes are achieved. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to enable teams to increase their ability to deliver client value. You will build your technical acumen and knowledge of our ecosystem, so the ability to learn is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Defines, plans, coordinates, and implements project plans for technology. Works with business leaders, and Information Technology (IT) to determine the scope and requirements. Works with other teams to determine any impacts or needed coordination with other products.
- Assists with business planning, budgetary planning, and the development of strategic roadmap and pipeline to continuously improve the product.
- Ensures highly effective communications and business readiness regarding project status and issues occur regularly to key stakeholders.
- Works with IT and business partners to plan, schedule and coordinate business activities and to deliver technology projects. Coordinates and conducts meetings and presentations with project sponsors, the leadership team, and/or department, as needed.
- Ensures follow through and implementation of action items and recommendations from meetings. Monitors the progress of the team in the completion of business activities throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring deliverable dates are met and that business objectives are delivered with high quality.
- Represents department and acts as liaison to external third party vendors. Recommends and evaluates technology solutions to support business goals. Represents divisional sales and acts as liaison to external third party vendors.
- Assists with business planning, budgetary planning, and the development of strategic business initiatives.
- Manages production support requests from the aligned product. Ensures appropriate action is taken to resolve identified issues. Captures and shares data from reported issues to inform the product team on product availability, technical debt, and general health of the product and supporting technologies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience including successfully leading a variety of projects from beginning to end.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Interviewing and facilitation skills.
- An interest in and an understanding of the role technology plays in achieving business goals.
- Proven leadership and decision making skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and execute solutions both strategically and tactically.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to complex client situations.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management.
- Be a self-starter, open-minded, desire to drive change and improve current standards.