The Product Manager, Upstream will be responsible for aspects of product marketing related to the development and execution of the franchise strategy, including product roadmap development, market and competitor analysis, product development and new product introductions. Additionally, this position will be working closely with surgeon opinion leaders, operations, R&D, quality/regulatory, and outside vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Continuous learning to support and develop knowledge base specific to the assigned franchise (anatomy, surgical techniques, product knowledge).
• Support market research efforts and competitive analysis to determine market segmentation, market share data, customer needs, and future market trends.
• Work closely with the sales force, downstream marketing and surgeon thought leaders in developing product road map for the franchise.
• Partner with downstream marketing peers to understand market dynamics and competitive landscape to support strategic and tactical marketing plans
• Provide a leadership role on project teams and work with R&D in developing priorities for product improvement initiatives.
• Develop and execute go to market strategy for new product launches
• Provide leadership and direction to sales representatives for product positioning, sales tactics, competitive comparisons, and product features and benefits.
• Develop and provide product training materials.
• Conduct clinical literature reviews.
• Otherresponsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field. Advanced degree desirable.
• 4+ years relevant product marketing experience in a medical device or biomedical setting
Skills, Abilities, Competencies Required:
• Develop and maintain strong, internal working relationships across ConforMIS.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to work accurately in a fast-paced, hectic, ever-changing environment with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
• Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills.
• Able to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally as needed.
• Experience with collaboration and influencing across cross-functional teams.• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• This position will require some work in an Operating Room setting.
• Demonstrated innovative and strategic business-development skills (or something to that affect).