We are seeking an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building innovative energy product and solutions that excite customers. The role is part of a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional teams to define, design, build, and roll-out energy storage products that deliver the company?s vision and strategy. The energy storage marketplace is ever changing and growing extremely rapidly. This role is essential to ensure our company is fully leveraging our core capabilities and products to maximize application impact. It is critical the successful candidate has a passion for detail while maintaining an intimate understanding of customer needs and the competitive landscape.
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer?s needs from an end-user?s perspective to identify product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Identify market opportunities, value propositions and product gaps to support successful product planning
- Help steer new product development, product strategies and roadmaps by connecting customer needs, technology capabilities, company strategy, industry experience, and market research
- Translate the product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes through the use of disciplined MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies as well as work with external third parties to assess potential partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Generate LCOE, TCO, and related business financial modeling tools.
- Act as a product evangelist and work with sales/business development to build awareness and understanding with the customer base
- Gain the respect as a leader within the company
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering preferred with 8+ years of product development or prior product management experience
- MBA preferred, but not necessary
- Prior Product Management experience a plus
- The following skills are required:
- Proven project management and/or product development skills with notable successes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in power and energy products
- Experience building and/or using Excel based economic modeling to determine LCOE, TCO, etc., as well as performing sensitivity analyses
- Experience supporting business development teams with product specifications, data sheets, and technical sales literature
- Experience building rapport with customers and being able to accurately identify needs to translate into product requirements for engineering
- Effective and proven leadership skills
- Must be able to travel20-30% time
- The following skills are strongly preferred:
- Experience and knowledge of prevailing battery technology strengths and weaknesses
- Experience in product development/management related to power conversion, back-up, or standby power products
- Sales or business development experience in telecom, micro-grid and/or power products