The Product Manager is responsible for defining, researching, and documenting the specific product requirements that meet the market and strategy needs. Product manager with a specific focus on the next generation solution, analyses current functionality, identifies additional requirements that address compelling business challenges, and defines detailed requirements.
Transportation procurement product manager performs research and analysis of different phases of a procurement event from Network analysis, bid preparation, bid execution, scenario management and bid award.
Should have knowledge of different mode of transportation, supply chain network, Contract Management, carrier scores and key KPIs.
- Must have worked on Transportation Procurement products
- In depth knowledge of Truck Load, Less Than Truckload, FCL, Air and Parcel modes.
- Conduct research to solidify detailed feature requirements through functional specification document.
- Convert large epics to detailed user stories that developers, user experience, and quality assurance resources can digest.
- Collaborate with other product managers and analysts for dependency management and release alignment.
- Prioritization of features and releases and educating sales, solutions, and marketing team.
- Maintain up to date knowledge regarding Logistics and transportation industry and technology trends as well as our product line and competitor products.
- Ensure that UX counterparts always have the latest and concise list of requirements which they can use to create a corresponding UX Strategy that executes on the product plan.
- Assist Technical Publications with the generation of client support documents.
- Work with sales, customer service, and customers to understand issues and minor enhancement requests as needed.
- Report status of features in progress, adjust focus and attention as priorities change.
- Demonstrate functionality while in development and once completed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Business Administration, Operations Research, Management Science, or closely related field of study
- 2+ years of experience in logistics planning, network analysis and procurement and benchmarking.
- Have knowledge of heuristics and optimization algorithms and what-if scenario analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and previous experience in writing functions specs
- Transportation Provider RFP/RFQ process knowledge
- Experience with UML
- Shipment planning product management experience with - Chainalytics/Manhattan Optibid/i2 Transportation Procurement
- 3+ years of Product/Business Analyst experience required.
- Must have experience in supply chain and logistics domain.
- Experience with consumer facing applications AND enterprise-class applications required.
- Must have experience developing and detailing software product requirements & user stories in an agile environment.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and experience working with enterprise-class solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for user-centric design, and a passion for technology & how it impacts end-user workflow.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, development, quality assurance, support, marketing, and sales.
- Flexible and able to adapt within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.