Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy by bringing high-performance electric vehicles and sustainable energy products to market. This mission requires fast paced innovation and execution. At Tesla, we celebrate experimentation and unconventional thinking to find solutions to problems previously thought unsolvable. Many companies talk about improving the world. At Tesla, we are decisively creating a sustainable future today.
The Digital Products team is transforming how people purchase automotive and energy products. Our team is composed of product managers, business analysts, UX designers, and full stack software engineers, working together to create elegant solutions to complex problems. Tesla’s digitalportfolio is more than a channel, combining websites, mobile apps, field technology and retail store experiences into seamless customer experiences. We run lean, move quickly and pride ourselves on accelerating Tesla from start-up to scaled enterprise without losing our scrappy spirit.
We are looking for a product manager who is willing to undertake an insane challenge. How do you make a complex transaction like financing an electric vehicle or installing a residential energy system as simple as buying a book online? How do you offer test drives without test drive cars? How do you optimize registration, delivery and upgrade systems in countries around the world? You will not be asked to manage incremental improvements to arbitrary KPIs. You’ll be expected to create something the world has never seen. In short, you will create the future and save the planet.
- Lead the ideation, technical approach and launch of digital products
- Own a distinct product area end-to-end
- Build consensus from multiple lines of business
- Drive product development with engineers and designers
- Integrate analytics, data science and research into your methodology
- Maximize productivity in a constantly changing environment of shifting priorities
- Ruthlessly prioritize
- Influence without reporting structure
- Operate without guidance
- Resolve conflict productively within your team
- 5-7+ years product management in a consumer software company
- Bridging online and offline domains for full customer journey impact
- Computer science background or equivalent experience
- Piloting and prototyping beforeinvesting
- Building digital products from the ground up experiencing both successes and failures
- Working with businesses/industries in which you had no prior knowledge