The Product Manager works with the Marketing team to ensure successful commercialization and sustained sales in the Canadian market. This position is responsible for the successful execution of business strategy and tactics including product training, marketing collateral development, tradeshow attendance and execution, and overall franchise and product support. This position communicates with the sales force regarding new product development, product updates and availability, and provides ongoing product updates as related to sales, positioning, best practices, competitive analysis, and selling strategies. This position offers technical assistance as needed to sales team, distributor representatives and end users. In addition, this role will work closely with the Product Management team on promotional and advertising programs, and will perform varying daily Marketing activities.
- Execute marketing strategies and tactics to ensure products in the assigned portfolio achieve revenue and operating profits targets.
- Handle request from sales force relating to general product information, literature and samples for trade and distributor shows.
- Coordinate, follow-up and resolve product quality and performance problems.
- Develop sales and marketing tactics to include but not limited to brochures, trade advertising, training manuals, show materials and other collateral materials with input from Marketing and Sales.
- Routinely communicate with the sales force regarding product updates and availability, competitive activity, sales positioning, best practices, and new product development updates.
- Oversee the inventory of all product literature and reprints.
- Work with Marketing Communications to ensure effective product positioning at trade shows and symposia.
- Perform customer in-services on TIS products.
- Assist Product Managers and/or Marketing Management in developing marketing plans and selling strategies for assigned products.
- Participate in field visits to end users.
- Participate in development of the TIS fiscal business plan.
- As required, participate in New Product Development core team meetings on behalf of the franchise to provide ideas and input to the NPD process.
- Team with Field Clinical and Training & Education to develop best in class product and procedural training and selling strategies.
- Demonstrate a commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance with all TMC Quality Systems requirements. This includes but is not limited to the prompt recognition and forwarding of customer complaints (i.e. adverse events, product performance reports, etc.) to Quality Assurance (QA), and by ensuring all promotional messaging (i.e. branding strategies, product claims, etc.) and materials (i.e. literature) discussed or presented to customers are clinically accurate and adhere to AdvaMed guidelines and Terumo's policy on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals. Maintain strong knowledge of and adherence to regulations regarding promotional material content and control. Follow procedures for good clinical practices and Design Control when participating in new product development and clinical activities. Fully adhere to all applicable FDA regulations, international guidelines and Terumo's policies at all times.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- This position exists in an office environment. Approximately 30% overnight travel is required including occasional weekend travel.
- Occasional entry to hospitals and other medical facilities is required. Many facilities have instituted vendor credentialing policies which require vendors to meet defined training, background check and proof of immunization requirements as a condition of entry. Terumo Associates entering these facilities are required to abide by these credentialing requirements.
- When visiting hospitals and other medical facilities, must be able to gain access to and work in the IR suite, Cath lab and operating room. Entry into these areas requires an ability to wear appropriate gowning, stand for long periods of time, comply with hospital policy/protocol and be aware of potential biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
o Must have strong knowledge of the human anatomy specifically including the vascular and venous systems.
o Ability to understand complex medical procedures and engage in in-depth technical conversations with physicians, staff and key opinion leaders regarding medical procedures and proper product usage. Is seen by physicians, staff and others as knowledgeable and credible.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and I-Pad navigation.
o Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary.
o Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate well with Territory Managers, Region Managers, and customers on the phone and in person.
o Must be able to work independently with minimal direction.
o Must exhibit strong teamwork and be adapt at working cross-functionally.
o Verbal and written communication skills in both French & English a plus
• Background Experiences
o Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, business, biological/clinical science, or engineering; or possesses equivalent clinical qualifications.
o Requires a minimum of 5 years overall business experience in Product Management in the medical device marketplace or a minimum of 3 years of marketing experience with additional experience in medical device engineering and/or sales.
o Demonstrated track record of managing products including meeting revenue and profit objectives.