Tracking Code S179208-846Job Description
The Product Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate and collaborate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product requirements. You will represent the product management function on product development teams. You will define the go-to-market strategy for products in the portfolio and help Marketing Communication to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external advocate for your product offering, occasionally working with the commercial team and key customers. The Sr. Product Manager will also act as a mentor to less experienced Product Managers on the team by means of regular coaching, best practice sharing and capability training.
- Own and manage the entire life cycle of the product line, from strategic planning to execution to end of production.
- Understand customer needs and work with Engineering to develop performance requirements and set cost targets for current and future products.
- Support new product development projects, as well as VA/VE activities for existing products.
- Responsible for the development of product roadmaps, business plans, pricing strategies, and operational plans.
- Be the global product subject matter expert; build comprehensive understanding of competitive product range, technologies, performance and cost.
- Communicate and align product vision and strategy to all levels and functions within the organization.
- Collaborates with Marketing Communications to develop comprehensive go-to-market strategies for global new product introductions.
- Work with sales/engineering/manufacturing to reduce/eliminate product quality issues and identify cost reduction and value improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of sales tools and collateral materials.
- Contribute to and participate in trade show support and representation when needed.
- This position requires domestic and international travel to customer and non-customer sites (25%)
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing and/or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product engineering, development, management and / or automotive technical sales
Preferred Qualifications & Competencies:
- Master Science in engineering
- Record of success: demonstrated success in product management and product development
- Data analysis: able to form hypothesis about the market and customers and then use data to assess potential
- Experience in working with tools and methodologies specific to product line management including developing unique value propositions, multi-generational plans and comprehensive global product strategies.
- Business acumen: has a deep holistic understanding of business drivers. Able to execute strategy with minimal direction.
- Communication: Excellent communication with outstanding verbal, written, and visual skills, ability to influence all layers of the organization. Ability to design and articulate a vision and build consensus around it.
- Team leader: Excellent team builder and team player; attracts and inspires talent; promotes a culture of positive, energetic, and high-performing teams.