Loot Crate was founded in 2012 around a simple idea: put the awesomeness of Comic-Con in a box. Today, we ship some of the coolest geek, gaming, and pop-culture collectibles and accessories to a subscriber base in the hundreds of thousands of fans around the world. Loot Crate is one of the top subscription box services in the world spanning pop culture, gaming, anime and sports. We’ve assembled an amazing team of passionate, ambitious people who cultivate our ever-growing global community of fans and provide support of the highest caliber. We’re always on the lookout for fun, hard-working new people to join our team and make Loot Crate even better.
As a Loot Crate Product Manager you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers focused on supporting Loot Crate’s web and internal application initiatives.
You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the products/platforms, and you will develop, influence and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision.
This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, marketing, customer support, analytics and executive teams to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to manage change, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple applications that our user base loves.
The successful candidate will have practical experience with product/project process tools and methodologies as well as 2+ years of experience in an e-commerce or online marketing site.
- Own and develop the product roadmap for our web application
- Create and gather requirements, this may include documenting requirements as Scrum stories as well as waterfall requirement documents depending on the project
- Prioritize and groom the backlog as it relates to web
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (design, marketing, community, engineer, etc.) to drive enhancements & new products
- Coordinate product releases with QA teams
- Perform user acceptance tests when appropriate
- R&D potential opportunities and prepare recommendations
- Work with key teams to balance product requirements and financial impact against time to market and project risks
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a product owner for web development projects
- Experience with Scrum framework and understands the role of a product owner in Scrum
- Experience developing both technical, organizational and process flow diagrams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively change focus in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience breaking down complex ideas into manageable roadmaps
- Self starter but also collaborates well with team members
- Understand technical tradeoffs and good design
- Ability to forecast and measure the benefit of a product enhancement
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Google Docs, Google Analytics, and Ruby on Rails.