The AI team within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments and requirement to AWS customers. Today, the team delivers multiple services such as Lex, Comprehend, Translate and Transcribe as well as ML Engines and Platform as a Service.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be part of the larger product leadership community at AWS. This community plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of PMs and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly. You will be seen as the subject matter expert for your area of focus within Amazon AI.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
You will manage and be responsible for understanding customer needs and delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
Your responsibilities will include:
Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
Lead Product Launch – Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
Lead and mentor technical product managers
Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate Amazon AI’s vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Basic Qualifications · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
· Minimum of 10 years of experience, 5+ years of which must be in Product management position
· Passion for technology and Machine Learning
· Strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
· Superior written and verbal communications skills
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience in data collection, model building, testing and validation.
· Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements for customer-facing online and mobile products/services
· Experience working with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills
· Experience working on agile development teams
· MBA or equivalent experience
· Domain knowledge of Speech Recognition Industry
· Understanding of fundamental concepts of machine learning
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations