TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity leads the industry through innovation of highly engineered solutions in a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, connectors, fiber optics, wire and cable, antennas, circuit protectors and harnessing products for harsh environments. Our belief that every connection counts unites us to deliver best-in-class solutions across a global customer base as they bring next generation platforms into service.
As part of AD&M, you will be joining a team of entrepreneurs who are passionate about understanding our markets, our customers, our competitors and the products we need to implement for winning strategies that drive sustainable, faster-than-market growth. We achieve this through a relentless culture of innovation, integrity, accountability, and teamwork that leverages our diversity.
Located in Mansfield OH, the product manager will take a lead role in driving sustainable, profitable growth across the business and consistently delivering significant new value through continuous product innovation and robust product portfolio management. This pivotal role not only determines the course of where to play and how to win in emerging markets but also champions successful execution of the strategy by leading through influence a cross-disciplinary team of resources.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- External focus and committed presence at customer base to understand needs and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline
- Lead new product development from ideation to production
- Assess competitive landscape and secure sustainable differentiation
- Analyze markets, create roadmaps, develop forecasts, execute strategic initiatives
- Negotiate contracts and pricing
- Own and maintain the P&L for assigned product lines
- Drive cost-out initiatives - collaborate with internal departments to achieve productivity and material cost targets
Qualifications & Skills
- Technical degree in engineering or related science with business acumen
- Leadership – a self-starter/initiator who can lead through influence
- Communication skills – presentations, public speaking and proposal writing
- Global travelexperience with sensitivity to cultural nuance
- Critical thinking to challenge technical solutions, cost and industrial processes
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Power Point, etc), SAP a plus