JOIN us in our efforts as a Product Manager
The primary focus for the Product Manager position is to achieve and preferably exceed North American revenue and profitability objectives for the assigned product or category. The position is a mixture of downstream and upstream marketing with balanced focus on (1) new product development and (2) initiatives centered on marketing & sales strategies and execution.
Success in this role will be achieved through effective implementation in the following areas:
Marketing Strategy Development, Execution & Program Management
- Work closely with the commercial team to increase product penetration & utilization through the development of tools and programs that provide a seamless approach to selling value.
- Collaboratively identify issues, opportunities and associated strategies within assigned procedural areas through frequent conversations and interactions with Customers, sales leadership and account managers.
- Drive content and participate in sales meetings, national & regional conferences and events.
- Communicate with field representatives to assure awareness of product changes, pricing changes, new sales tools, corrective measures, etc.
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency for executing strategic plans and achieving product revenue goals.
- Commit to field travel (approximately 15% -25% travel predominantly NA travel, but some International travel may be required)
Leadership & Team Building
- Create and drive short and long term product /procedural planning process within assigned product/procedural areas to achieve corporate goals.
- Win mind share with internal cross functional team members through a collaborative approach to identifying solutions based on data, building excitement and consensus specific to assigned product/procedural area to drive projects forward
Procedural & Product Planning
- Collaborate with NAsales and marketing leadership on the development/execution of Plans of Action (POAs) and new product launches including:
- forecasting and financial planning/business case development
- market potential/opportunity and target share by product line
- needs based Customer segmentation
- value proposition creation
- competitive analysis
- reimbursement & GPO / IDN trends
- understanding of market pricing by product line
- key issues and trends
- strategies to support sales execution
- product life cycle planning
- product training
- Have ability to identify, establish and maintain productive relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Key Accounts (KAs) in the OR /medical community –often related to product areas of focus.
- Demonstrate a robust understanding of the competitive product marketplace.
- Keep informed and proactively act on current market trends and sales analysis to sharpen ability to plan, review, adjust and approve product/procedural plans, including the identification of future product development opportunities.
- Provide pricing strategy stewardship within assigned product categories
Market Research & New Product Development
- Provide strong leadership in all phases of the Stage Gate process.
- Provide strong commercial and clinical Voice of Customer supporting recommendations for NPD based on qualitative and quantitative research.
- Support cross-functional new product development teams with market objectives when completing documentation (PRD, IOS, Labeling, etc.), feasibility testing, and risk analysis for new products and line extensions.
- Actively participate in product testing with Customers to determine if product meets market needs.
- Drive planning for new product launches including forecasting, sales collateral, equipment evaluation requirements, pricing guidelines, and product training.
- Review industry publications and practices to ensure products meet Customer needs and industry guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Engineering General
- Master's Degree in Business or Marketing
- 5+ years of relevant business experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing (medical device product marketing experiencepreferred).
- US and international experience helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Domestic & international travelrequired.