Supermicro is seeking an experience product manager with knowledge of server hardware architecture. The individual will need to demonstrated great ability to work cross functionally, have excellent communication skills, and have a passion to promote the product to internal sales as well as directly to customers. This role will be based in headquarters, located in San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Drives the adoption of Supermicro technologies
- Prepare and present technical presentations to internal sales teams and customers
- Work with marketing to come up with collaterals to promote products
- Collaborate with sales & customers to understand requirements and to provide most efficient server solutions
- Pro-actively engages in learning and researching on new products technologies
- Degree in related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong presentation skills are a must
- Solid understanding of server/workstation architecture/technology
- Strong understanding of market trends and customer needs
- A team player with excellent verbal and written skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and ability to utilize a “buddy system” for products weighing more than 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions.
- May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind).
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.:
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.