Product Manager, Student Loan Refinancing
at CommonBondNew York, NY
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond is seeking a Product Manager to lead the development of our Evaluation SaaS product that offers employees, with student debt, ways to reduce their over cost of student debt by providing eligible state, federal, and private options
- Define the Refinanceproduct roadmap by leveraging customer research, business objectives and data to build insights that drive product prioritization
- Build and manage product backlog while addressing production support needs of the product
- Work with a dedicated engineering team to prioritize features that help us achieve our company goals
- Identify strategic opportunities for the product to drive growth
- Collaborate closely with Product Design, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Operations and Risk teams to identify insights to leverage in product development and planning
- Forecast impact of your products and then measure the performance of the features you release
- Test and iterate on the product experience, with a strong focus on funnel conversion
- Run daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives and manage the end-to-end design / build / test / release process
- 3+ years product management experience at a technology company, preferably in a B2C environment
- Customer-centric: You possess great customer empathy. You aren’t shy about speaking with customers firsthand to understand how they’re experiencing your product and leveraging their feedback to drive your roadmap
- Technical Acumen: ability to translate consumers insights into product requirements and acceptance criteria, workingclosely with engineering teams to deliver great products
- Communication: Effective communicator that can tailor communication style to the audience (i.e. more technical for engineering team communications, higher level for executive team communications)
- Data-Driven: Demonstrated desire and ability to use data and analytics to measure impact of products and features and ultimately drive prioritization
- Collaborative: You take high ownership of your product but balance that with a collaborative nature knowing that great ideas for product exist across the organization (and outside it!)
- Strategic: You understand the competitive landscape and job to be done by the customer. You think about how your product fits in that landscape today and where it can fit in the future.
- Hungry: You are a self-starter who is very comfortable setting your own agenda and working in a culture of highownership and high expectations. You have a passion for shipping product
- Strong desire to make personal finance more human and easier to manage.
- Experience with agile development