You likely know, and hopefully have heard, SiriusXM in your car. Perhaps you listened to Howard Stern doing one of his legendary interviews, or you enjoyed one of our artist channels such as The Beatles Channel or E Street Radio, or you listened to our exclusive talk content such as Radio Andy, featuring Andy Cohen. You may not know that we also have a digital streaming service that you can listen to on our new mobile apps, on your computer, or on smart home devices. The Product Manager, Streaming is an integral part of SiriusXM's digital experience product team responsible for building out and optimizing siriusxm.com to grow the online streaming business. The product manager will lead projects from initial concept through the critical project phases of research, discovery, proof of concept, UX/design, development, launch, and analysis. This person must have the skills to ideate, drive product/program vision and communicate product marketing strategy, including mapping business goals to product. You will work with stakeholders to align requirements. You will work with designers to build site experiences that are optimized for the customer and aligned to business goals. You will collaborate with technical resources to ensure your projects run smoothly from design and specifications to real life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new site experiences to improve the streaming online customer experience, including working with cross-functional team of designers and developers to create Web designs and wireframes with strong usability (including but not limited to HTML templates, responsive design, and segmentation and customized content).
- Define product features and enhancements to the website that drive more customers to stream SiriusXM content online and in the streaming apps, including driving app installs.
- Identify improvements to sign up, purchase, upsell and develop onboarding flows to make it easier for customers to try and buy streaming services; collaborate with different product teams and stakeholders to implement improvements.
- Optimize landing and informational pages for connected devices and smart home speakers to increase customer awareness and adoption of other ways to listen to SiriusXM.
- Define content discovery features, such as channel guides, featured content lists and content recommendations; develop segmentation and audience targeting approaches that can be leveraged by a variety of channels to drive acquisition and deeper engagement.
- Collaborate with in-car audio marketing, streaming marketing, app product management, programming and social content teams on how to leverage app features and content in increasing streaming awareness and purchase.
- Translate business problems into project requirements and support the development process from build to launch. Develop user experience goals, stories and requirements that can be used to create new innovative and practical functionalities and experiences.
- Utilize data analysis and market/competitive research to assess customer needs, and review specifications and requirements. Measure effectiveness of enhancements, suggested improvements and ideas to strengthen the online experience.
- There are no direct supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5-7+ years of experience in digital marketing/online product management in an agile SDLC environment, with demonstrated results improving mobile subscription products and driving app acquisition.
- Background in user acquisition, retention and subscription product marketing.
- Well versed in mobile marketing best practices (responsive design, mobile messaging, app acquisition).
- Experience working in publishing and content management systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to articulate and implement requirements for ideal ways to manage online experiences, including development requirements and ability to conduct UAT/QA.
- Demonstrate leadership and partnership skills by contributing and interacting with other teams at all levels within organization to solve problems and deliver solutions.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex issues clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization, including a non-technical audience.
- Ability to break down complex information into a concise message for decision makers.
- Ability to develop and communicate prioritized task lists and ownership associated with development implementation timeline.
- Content marketing and strategy experience a plus.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills. Ensure stakeholders are engaged and understand changes as well as results.
- Must be adept at handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to focus on task completion.
- Possess an analytic mindset combined with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand the customer's POV and take it into consideration when making business decisions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of content management & publishing systems (Oracle Web Center Sites CMS, or Other).
- Knowledge of audience segmentation & targeting tools (Audience Manager, Maxymiser, Adobe Target).
- Proficiency and comfort using analytics reporting tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Social Reporting).
- Knowledge of Qualtrics - or other online survey software.
- Basic HTML, CSS; more advanced development skills a plus.
- Knowledge of collaboration and roadmap planning tools (JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio, etc.).