We are seeking Product Managers to join our State Management team. This position focuses on personal lines Preferred Automobile and Homeowners insurance products and is based in Jacksonville, FL or Chicago, IL.
As a State Manager having profit and loss accountability, you will develop and implement underwriting, pricing, and product strategies to support profitability and growth goals for your assigned states. Analyze internal and external data to identify marketing, underwriting and product opportunities. You will work closely with our field sales organization, marketing, agents and underwriting to develop deep local market knowledge and leverage that knowledge to create and execute winning action plans in your state(s).
• 5+ years of Personal Lines experience managing products for home and auto insurance
• Experience managing initiatives at the countrywide or multi-state level preferred
• Experience with ratemaking methodologies and familiarity with catastrophe and predictive modeling techniques
• Strong computer spreadsheet and database skills
• High proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products, specifically Excel (experience with SQL or SAS a plus)
• Demonstrates in depth understanding of information behind accident year estimates
• Expertise analyzing data and developing strategic recommendations
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in a business-related discipline (mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, insurance or other related discipline preferred).
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.