- Create the strategic product plan for critical Power Tool Accessory categories including developing and updating the 3 yr product road. This will require situational assessment, competitive overview, strategic goals, portfolio analysis and action plans.
- Manage and grow existing business: create plans to increase sales of existing categories and identify cost reduction/value improvement opportunities.
- Create and execute end-user based research to build a clear understanding of all relevant product applications becoming the product expert for all categories.
- Lead the cross functional team throughout the entire lifecycle of product development which includes the ability to facilitate and coordinate a diverse group of teams including, engineering, channel, brand, graphics, sourcing, manufacturing, legal, finance, supply, and quality teams.
- Develop and present strategic product and commercial plan to key retailers that increase market share.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of developing and executing successful product plans that are on time and at cost while actively managing risk.
- Actively communicate status of projects to all project stakeholders, which include the cross functional team and senior management.
- Develop all marketing materials including packaging, presentations, merchandising and other collateral in order to commercially launch new products.
- Work closely with the global team to deliver projects that drive NPD in EANZ and GEM.
- Prepare financial analysis for portfolio evaluation and decision making.
- Conduct comprehensive pricing analysis which drives product positioning in market place relative to competition and margin targets.
- Participate in forecasting/capacity planning with channel, sales, and supply chain.
- Perform competitive tracking analysis and market data collection.
- Improve good/bad sku ratio, eliminate E&O and achieve/maintain a 98% service level by working with the operations team.
- Develop, mentor and manage direct reports
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business required, with Marketing major preferred
- 6+ years of sales/marketing experience; Product Marketing experiencepreferred
- Consumer Goods or power tool industry experiencerequired
- Ability to multi-task and be able to lead and interact with cross functional teams
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent strategic planner and strategic thinker
- Proven track record of driving sales and achieving goals
- Demonstrate a consistent, dependable and positive work ethic
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability: synthesize findings from analysis and draw conclusions
- Interest and willingness to travel
- Demonstrated knowledge of key financial metrics including strong financial/budget management skills
- Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency with office productivity software, particularly Power Point, Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP, and BW.
- Ability to travel for business including work on residential and commercial jobsites is required.