Within the Hand Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for a Product Manager join our Storage Business Unit. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Global Product Management team in the creation and maintenance of major product lines in multiple retail, commercial and industrial settings.
The Product Manager will evaluate and develop the product line total sales and product positioning and will be responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line. This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization including: product managers, brand marketing, IT, engineering and customer service. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and a strong financial acumen.
- Manage the complete product lifecycle process
- Assist in market functions relating to assigned product lines as well as general departmental Functions.
- Driving and developing new products while overseeing and manager quality issues, developing sales and promotion programs.
- Developing and implementing relevant point-of-purchase displays, materials and web content; benchmark competitors and perform competitive pricing analysis.
- Responsible for development and execution of a comprehensive strategic plan for the profitable management of pricing, gross margins, collateral materials & point-of-purchase.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and related industries and develop a deep understanding of the end user in order to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches.
- Assist in leading cross-functional teams to achieve company objectives, as well as, act as the point of contact for manufacturing, purchasing, sales, quality and engineering.
- Provide product training to customers and consumers.
- Evaluate and develop product line total sales and product positioning - responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line.
- BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related field required.
- 3+ years' experience of product management experience.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and lead teams – must be able to present data and conclusions in an organized manner.
- High accountability to deliver projects on time, on cost, and on quality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a "can-do" attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
- Consumer Products Experience
- Experience working directly with retailers or other large customers
- Experience conducting primary consumer research