The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and evolving challenge – one that only a few people can embrace and thrive upon.
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right fit for you.
While working at DST Market Services, you will help our clients discover opportunities in the complexities associated with mounting inflows of data, rapid technological advancements, shifting regulatory change, rising security risks and increasing demands from their customers. DST Market Services works within a highly competitive environment to help our clients discover cost-efficient, yet flexible ways to run their operations and IT. Advisor performance, changing demographic investment needs, and new regulations complicate this already complex landscape. Your job is to help our clients discover opportunity through technology, strategic advisory and business improvement solutions. DST Market Services offers a single source for mutual fund subaccounting technology and full operational business process outsourcing, eliminating barriers to fund transparency, helping to maximize assets and mitigate risk for broker-dealers of all sizes. By outsourcing core brokerage operations to DST, our clients rely on us to provide better oversight and more efficient processing, including account maintenance, trade operations, cashiering and tax reporting. If you see your opportunity in complexity, then DST Market Services is the right fit for you.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to become a member of DST Brokerage Solutions Product Team. The Product Team supports 18 development teams in the Agile/scrum development methodology which incorporates industry best practices and supports our corporate goals and those of our clients.
Product Managers participate in product planning and execution throughout the entire product life cycle, from concept through end-of-life planning. They conduct buy vs. build analyses, create business cases for proposed new features, and identify requirements for future and current products in the context of the company's strengths and capabilities, technologies, quality, costs, customer interactions, and marketplace demands. Product Managers have a strong understanding of the competitive features and capabilities and market trends which may impact a successful new product launch.
- Demonstrating initiative and problem solving skills
- Perform research and analysis to provide for product vision and strategy.
- Develop, track, and report on 8-10 projects simultaneously, in various cycles of development.
- Learn about business domains and how they function, translating that learning into actionable items designed to benefit the organization.
- Using root cause analysis, define underlying problems and build solutions to positively impact those problems.
- Generate new ideas for approaches to problem solving and provide alternative solutions. It is important to understand how the people, processes and technology interact in relationship and patterns to create the best solution.
- Analyze data, processes and situations to produce detailed project documentation and deliverables, including business benefits, project benefits, feasibility, requirements, scope, risks and justification.
- Apply technical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge, and industry knowledge to effectively manage the product lifecycle.
- Represent the market within the division and work with development to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software and solutions.
- Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Effectively communicate within a variety of settings using diverse styles that are appropriate to the target audience.
- Make decisions on key projects and communicate project overviews and changes in scope on a regular basis.
- Document product roadmaps on a monthly basis to communicate project benefits, accomplishments, and any changes in scope.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work-related experience, or Master's degree and 1 year of work-related experience, or 5 years equivalent work-related experience
- At least 4 years of product management experience / development lifecycle OR
- At least 5 years in implementation consulting, client relationship, applications analysis, marketing, software development, and/or project management experience.
- Ability to manage inter-project dependencies across a multiple groups organization
- Excellent facilitation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to all functional groups. The ability to translate technical requirements and issues into appropriate context
- Ability to successfully multi-task in the face of ambiguity, switching gears as priorities shift
- Strong written skills and ability to solicit requirements from stakeholders
- Financial industry knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint