About the Position:
We’re seeking a highly motivated Product Line Manager (PLM) to join our data center switching product management team. The candidate will be responsible for Data Center (DC) products and technology strategy, product definition, market analysis and requirements, pricing, promotions, forecast and revenue plan. The candidate will have broad responsibility for working with the field sales and channel organizations to engage customers and drive the business. The candidate must have proven ability and record to drive product requirements for complex and dynamic networking space, engage with strategic customers, work with vendors and partners, drive market requirement from definition to delivery, and effectively interface with product marketing, product development/engineering, manufacturing, operations and finance.
The product line manager will be part of the team which is responsible for driving QFX product portfolio in the public cloud data centers. The PLM will gather and analyze market trends and customer requirements, perform competitive analysis, define strategy and tactics, generate product requirements, author business plans, market requirement and product requirement documents, prioritize features and track progress. The PLM must be adept at forecasting, pricing, positioning and managing product transitions.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Full ownership of hardware product life cycle, product strategy, and product positioning
- Define Market Requirements (MRD) - Define future product line strategy with sustainable differentiation based on customer needs, competition and market analysis
- Work with engineering to ensure successful delivery of products and software on schedule
- Support Field Sales - support key account field sales teams
- Gather customer feedback to understand key issues/needs and trends in customer base. Conduct market analysis to get broader sense of the market and competitive product use.
- Define pricing for existing and future products
- Train internal and external teams for effective selling
- Develop and deliver product presentations for strategic customers
- Develop product collaterals for product launch and product life cycle
- Product forecast and demand planning
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years product line management experience
- 6+ years of work experience
- Knowledge of how large scale data center networks are architected.
- Technical knowledge in routing technologies and network automation/Dev ops
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
Must have a BA/BS degree, MBA strongly preferred
1. BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or Related Engineering field
1. 3+ years of IP Networking experience in engineering, sales or product management role, hardware engineering/ASIC background is a plus
2. MBA is a plus
1. Ability to present to executive and engineering levels both inside and outside of company
2. Ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations that take complex concepts and make them easy to understand and differentiate Juniper vs. the competition.
3. Ability to drive complex multi-phased programs with multiple stakeholder teams
4. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a “do whatever it takes” attitude
5. Excellent analytical skills to transform market knowledge into actionable plans that produce results
1. Travel requirements for the position : 10% to 20%