This position provides an exciting customer interfacing opportunity in software product management. The product manager will drive revenue growth for service assurance custom software solutions by leveraging their extensive Carrier Ethernet and IP Knowledge, and translating customer requirements into product requirements documents (PRD) and Level of Effort (LOE) that solve business problems and improve efficiency. The product manager will have daily direct customer engagement with a global tier 1 customer and other service providers.
This position is ideal for product managers looking for expanded role or for candidates in technical roles looking to grow into a product management position, creative problem solver who can understand the big picture, work with customers to understand their business problems, define solution requirements, and convey those requirements to internal organizations including product management, engineering, and services. The right candidate will have the ability to understand how operational Carrier networks are architected, provisioned and managed in order to deliver efficient solutions to Spirent's customers.
The Product Manager is central to the successful integration of Spirent's solutions into our customers' operations strategies by driving process efficiency, feature prioritization, and resource management. If you have the desire to work with large tier 1 service provider daily to define and shape the technical details and develop solutions to solve critical business problems, this is the job for you.
Spirent Service Assurance Solutions ensure the performance of the voice, video, and data networks you use every day, and has been doing so for over 40 years. Spirent's customers include the largest and most successful Service Providers and Operators in the industry and we are relied upon to ensure the quality of the end user experience. If you are someone who can help ensure the continuation of that legacy, we are excited to talk to you.
- Work closely with a tier 1 service provider to define and detail service assurance custom software solutions
- Understand business problems and define custom integrated solutions, PRDs, LOEs
- Work with engineering to assess project development efforts and schedule
- Work with Sales, Product Management, and Business Development to communicate the business value of Spirent's solution
- Understand the customer network and operations architecture and define requirements for integration and custom features based on customer needs and communicate those requirements to engineering
- Work with Sales and the Customer to develop and negotiate pricing.
- Support sales channel and customer by providing training on custom features.
- Interface with customers to help understand solution requirements and acquire new business.
- Communicate business results for product team and executive management.
- BSEE/BSCE with at least 5 years of relevant and practical experience; MSEE/MSCE is a plus.
- CCNA, JNCIA and other relevant networking certifications. MBA is an advantage.
- Prior experience in product management, system engineering, or sales engineering
- Prior experience with Service Provider or solution vendor Ethernet and IP networks is required.
- Knowledge of Ethernet test & turn-up, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting methodologies is preferred.
- Network design and implementation experience.
- Experience with L2/L3 Networking, including EPL, EVPL, EVC, VPLS, L2CKT, and others.
- Experience configuring Network Elements from Juniper, Cisco, Alcatel, Adtran and others preferred.