Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding what great product looks like, create a product roadmap to support our business strategy, leverage strong process and project management abilities to envision and manage product lifecycle from idea inception, support go-to-market plans, and lead with a customer first mindset.
- Become an expert within Superion on the Public Sector market segment, current and future. Provide SaaS thought leadership and direction as new SaaS applications are created and for the re-engineering of existing capabilities.
- Develop the requirements for highly differentiated Public Sector solutions, products, and / or services, including strategy definition, requirements analysis, and delineation of the market opportunity.
- Provide timely and effective reports of product performance – specifically for development and product release plans.
- Collaborate with team to get feedback from the field on new feature requirements and enhancements - in efforts to drive product utilization.
- Conduct market research, monitor competitive activity, and identify customer targets and their needs; apply learnings to current products and in ideation sessions for the development of new products or solutions.
- Participate in sales, business development, and existing customer calls as or meetings as appropriate to hear and understand first-hand the needs and requirements of prospects and customers.
- Ensure product development processes adhere to Agile (or similar) principles and align with company resource planning and allocation efforts.
- Articulate new product features and benefits to internal groups, including marketing and sales.
- Stewardship of products from Concept to Launch.
- Manage the P&L of the product line and demonstrated success in expanding into adjacencies.
Skills & Requirements
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track-record for building software that is both efficient and effective with exceptional user experience.
- Excellent strategic thinking and prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult trade-off decisions
- Demonstrable organizational and project management skills are required.
- Must be able to know how to do research, mine data and apply strategic thinking to executive-level pitches and presentations.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications and presentation skills required.
- Facility with basic business software, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps, is required. Facility with project management applications such as Jira, BaseCamp or MS Project is also required.