Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. Crown brings the benefits of technology to material handling by connecting lift trucks, operators and facilities and collecting accurate, real-time information for better decision-making.
Lead the creation and ongoing development of global product vision, strategy, and roadmap for connected products that solve problems for customers in ways that work for the company. Create consensus for product vision both within Product Development and with key stakeholders. Work closely with Product Development’s Program Management group. This position reports to the Director of Software Product Development with a dotted line to the Program Management group. Reporting to this position may be Product Leads and other software product personnel.
- Product and Technology Champion - Work through and with a team of product leads, develop product plans for a global portfolio of software products in collaboration with counterparts in Engineering and Design. In particular, give consideration to how the software product capabilities should grow to make autonomous vehicles, motive power, and maintenance more valuable to end customers. Provide thought leadership and direction to peers and teams in the Product Development Organization as they work to create new products, improve existing products, and support unique customer requests. Identify opportunities for integration with internal software systems and external customer systems. Champion development of new products based on state-of-the-art mobile and web-based application platforms. Study competitive products and new emerging technologies, making recommendations for how to upgrade, improve and evolve both product and process. Develop and coordinate with other projects and engineering activities worldwide so that cross product opportunities can be identified and proposed to appropriate people, ensuring alignment across the global organization. Make recommendations for how to upgrade, improve and evolve software products to maintain competitive advantage. Work directly with customers, sales teams, and development teams to ensure customer requirements are achieved.
- Project and Program Management - Manage and monitor project progress to goals, resolve issues as appropriate, adjust plans where needed, and ensure a coordinated introduction of a quality product to production and customer. Work closely with the Program Management group, and ensure that product leads are administrating the Product Development Process (PDP) for product development projects to warrant project success. Confirm that product leads are managing the concept, development, and detail phases by obtaining team member input to refine project goals and create detailed project schedule, project budget, cost targets, product performance targets, and quality goals. Ensure that all departments are appropriately engaged based on the phase of the project.
- Communication and Leadership - Collaborate with counterparts within Engineering and Design to maintain an awareness and create alignment of all development projects related to or part of the Insite product portfolio. Develop and communicate product and project information credibly to various levels of Company management as required. Provide leadership and coaching of cross-functional teams while collaborating with other department managers across departments such as Design, Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, and Sales.
- Organizational and Employee Development and Miscellaneous - Identify the current and future needs of the team and work to build the capability of individuals within the team. Perform duties such as creating/revising job descriptions, conducting Talent Development discussion sessions, rating performance, establishing/tracking goals and completing annual wage reviews. Responsible for coaching, motivating, mentoring, and developing direct reports to successfully take on additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 8 years of related experience
- Good organizational, analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays
- Requires employee to drive a personal vehicle to conduct company business <20% per week and/or travel locally between company locations during scheduled workday
- Experience leading and working with stakeholders across many departments and/or functions.
- Experience crafting and presenting formal presentations.
- A passion for creating innovative solutions for customers and business objectives.
- Experience delivering a software product to market using agile software development principles.
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled