Product Manager (Software Development Industry)
Less than 5 years experience • Software
The successful candidate must have
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience, preferably with a software/SaaS based company
- Familiar with analytical processes and tools such as data visualization, machine learning, data science techniques
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to “speak geek” to a team of developers and knowledge of UX design principles
Ideal candidate would possess
- Solid technical expertise within the eDiscovery / Litigation Software industry
- Leadership experience guiding a platform software team
About the role: How you will make an impact
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for an area of the platform and shepherd features through the software development lifecycle, ensuring their successful release to our users. As a client advocate, you will get to know our customers, understand their needs and translate them into actionable features. You will manage feature requests by looking for duplicates, responding to customers, and passing ideas up to the Product Management team. You will also vet user stories with developers, groom the backlog and break features down into actionable pieces. As someone who bridges our Product and Engineering functions, you will need to understand the UX plan of our products and translate those requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria for our engineers to use. As many of our products are connected, you will work across teams to manage any dependencies of features in progress.
Challenges you will help us solve
- How do we efficiently manage features with interdependencies?
- How do we ensure releases are of the highest quality, getting features “out the door” and learning from them as quickly as possible?
- Given the complexity of our products, how do we weigh the costs vs. the value add of our features?
We are looking for someone who
- Understand the perks and pains associated with eDiscovery / litigation process
- Is competitive about products. You know the product space, understand what our competition does and how we can improve. You understand what they do well, what they do poorly, and how we can capitalize on their missteps.
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input.
- Can gracefully say “no” when something doesn’t make sense for the product(s).
- someone who is technology saavy that has/understands the litigation industry and understands analytics
- understand the pros & strengths of analytic packages
About The Role
- Product Manager over an area of our platform that performs modern search/analytic techniques - machine learning
- This is a new position after restructuring the product team
- Who they’re reporting to depends on level of experience. We would like a senior level person (that would report into the VP of Product) but we’ve groomed junior product managers in the past (would report into a Sr. Product Manager)
- Team consists of Release Manager, UX Manager & 2 Sr. Product Managers