About the Role
SmartHop is looking for a Product Manager to undertake this goal with an understanding that success will have an impact on hundreds of thousands of Americans. This leader can be based in our NYC or Miami office. You will report directly to the Senior Product Manager.
The Product Manager will work with a team of designers, engineers, and developers responsible for creating a reliable, scalable, and high-performance money platform and define the broker integrations strategy for SmartHop. The Product Manager will lead a product team to develop new features, scope and prioritize customer requirements, and develop successful products that enhance the customer experience. This role will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that incorporates API integrations, fintech solutions, and enterprise data management best practices to address logistics and management challenges. This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with technical experts and business executives to deliver robust technical solutions.
Location: NYC preferred; options in Miami and remote locations
- Develop product strategy vision and roadmaps, and prioritize feature development based on customer demands;
- Foster buy-in for product vision with both senior leadership and customer stakeholders;
- Translate user experiences into business requirements that lead to product specifications and architecture for applications;
- Work closely with UX/UI designers, full-stack engineers, developers, and program management to develop goals, specify clear requirements, enable service offerings and capabilities, and work with teams to deliver outstanding user experiences;
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues, and work with product operations administrators to meet programmatic, financial, and technical goals;
- Plan for the full product lifecycle, including innovation, prototyping, development, and sustainment;
- Work with business development, markets, and service lines to develop go-to-market strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, design, or related technical discipline
- High customer empathy, with a desire to get in the shoes of our customers
- Be data-driven; Regularly seek out and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
- Have enough technical knowledge to gain the respect of software engineers
- Experience working within high-growth technology environments
- Experience working in Fintech and/or API integrations
- 5+ years of experience as a Program, Project, Product, or Operations leader within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Minimum 2 years of product management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technically adept and business-focused to interface across technical disciplines and senior leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit, independent and self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Comfortable managing ambiguity and providing structure for engineering teams.