As a Product Manager, Site Optimization at Choice Hotels International, you will help evolve choicehotels.com on desktop and mobile devices, the primary touch points and most profitable channels for customers as they shop, book, and manage hotel reservations. As part of the Digital Commerce team, you will drive execution of the site optimization roadmap and A/B testing initiatives to support Choice Hotels’ strategic growth objectives.
You’ll apply your knowledge of e-commerce and consumer experience, optimizing our storefront to drive revenue growth and improvements to the user experience.
- Gather and analyze data to identify and assess product enhancement opportunities
- Partner with user research team to create and facilitate research activities, analyze results and identify opportunities to positive impact key site metrics
- Conduct review and analysis of peers and competitors in hospitality and ecommerce
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and partners in other business units to explore product development ideas
- Estimate user impact, financial metrics, and risks to guide critical prioritization decisions
- Lead cross-functional meetings to refine highest impact projects to be pursued by the team, including work to define features to be delivered and reduce risks
- Creatively explore ways to speed up time-to-value, reduce risk, and increase pace of learning through testing
- Identify and document key assumptions, method for evaluating success, and plan for testing and review
- Distill product enhancements into user stories with key supporting documents gathered from software architects, user experience designers, third-party vendors, etc.
- Build and groom a prioritized backlog to focus the team’s efforts on the highest-impact opportunities
- Drive product development as product owner for an agile scrum team, representing users and the business in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Partner closely with web analytics team to design, create, launch, and manage A/B tests
- Analyze test results through structured and ad hoc analysis to evaluate success of initiatives and share results with business partners
- Self-starter: you demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in starting, advancing and completing projects with limited guidance.
- Extremely curious: you are a highly-curious and self-motivated learner, with demonstrated interest in web user experiences, A/B testing and data analysis tools and methods, and product management practices.
- Driven optimizer: you are excited by the opportunity to move metrics through quick, tightly-managed cycles of analysis, development, and testing.
- Clear communicator: you are able to effectively and concisely write, visualize, and speak to create shared understanding and drive action.
- Relationship builder: you appreciate and enjoy working with others to accomplish shared goals. You are able to quickly establish rapport and build trust with people from a wide range of backgrounds, in different roles, and at all levels of the company.
- Detail-oriented: you are organized with strong attention to detail. You use tools and methods to ensure you keep track of everything that’s important.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, innovation, inclusion & diversity, integrity & trust, customer focus, accountability, and respect.
Education, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required; degree in business or technology fields is preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager, product owner or similar role
- Experience working with web analytics and A/B testing software is required (Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target or similar analytics and testing suites)
- Expertise and experience with consumer-facing web sites and applications is highly preferred
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Rally, Jira, Confluence) preferred
- Excel proficiency required