Shutterfly is seeking a highly motivated product manager with a technical background and strength that spans both project and product management to step in as the PM for BorrowLenses. BorrowLenses is the Shutterfly brand where professional photographers and videographers come to rent premium gear online. This role is charged with the day to day management of a product roadmap that generates high-quality experiences that delight our customers and solves for operational needs. BorrowLenses operates as an independent business unit within Shutterfly.
This is a highly visible role for the business, working closely with our BorrowLenses engineers and cross-functional Shutterfly product and technical teams. The role reports to the Director of Marketing & Product while working closely with BorrowLenses’ GM and leadership across operations, insight analytics, and customer service. We are seeking someone to serve as the business-wide PM for an entire SME, closely supporting the engineering team with an understanding of organization-wide product needs and prioritization and tradeoffs such as between strategic initiatives and short-term needs.
- Collaborate with business leadership to understand BL’s product vision, managing roadmap including prioritization, metrics and operations for both our customer-facing and operations/CCT facing requirements.
- Continually manage the overall product and project roadmaps including project management tasks such as sprint planning, capacity planning, daily status updates, removing blockers, and general problem resolution.
- Develop an understanding of BL’s customer, the professional photography & videography equipment rental market, and category competitors, to support in developing the product roadmap.
- Identify product features and enhancements to grow the business or create operational efficiencies in line overall roadmap strategy and business vision.
- Gather business / user requirements and success KPIs to build stories for Engineering. Work with the engineering team and develop and continually manage a well-groomed backlog.
- Build out A/B testing plans and measure key projects to inform future roadmap planning and continued development efforts.
- Hands-on product development from concept through delivery with a cross functional team to deliver against an aggressive timeline. Work closely with associated internal teams to balance technical, product and business trade-offs.
- Anticipate and resolve resource gaps, obstacles and timing issues. Ensure efficient use of company’s resources cross-functionally.
- 3-5 years of PM experience required and BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Highly proficient with JIRA or related project management systems and highly proficient in creating user stories for an agile development environment
- Deep understanding of various System Development Life Cycles (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Iterative, Spiral, Safe, etc.) and solid understanding of technology infrastructures
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly communicate analysis to a broad audience
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and highly detail oriented with the ability to juggle multiple priorities or deadlines
- Experience with web analytics (Adobe, Google or related suites), A/B testing engines (Test & Target, Optimzely, etc) and basic analysis as a part of feature-decision making
- Experience with or interest in photography or videography is always a plus!