Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a senior product manager at Viasat, you will be responsible for coordinating the success of one or more digital platform products. You will evaluate product opportunities by matching market needs and Viasat portfolio value, interface with all stakeholders, work with internal teams to define the product vision and requirements, evaluate build or buy options, and work with development, UX design, and marketing to develop and market these products. You will especially be responsible for driving optimal product strategy and outcomes.
Successful candidates will be able both think strategically and will have a proven track record of being able to execute efficiently. An ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing needs is also essential. The roles and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Own product success from conception through the entire product lifecycle, including through maturity
- Create, find, gather, and brainstorm ideas for new products and product improvements, and from this, develop and pursue a perspective on what makes the most sense
- Understand multi-sided platform dynamics, and drive strategies that maximize growth and value for different categories of platform participants
- Bring together the product team of all essential functions (e.g. research, UX design, engineering, marketing) and facilitate development of a shared product vision and group work for product success
- Own that product vision, and evangelize it throughout the organization
- Engage and evaluate partners and competitors
- Guide initial (minimum) product prototype and/or requirements definition with the team
- Manage governance process and funding needs, and provide visibility to product status to stakeholders
- Bring the “voice of the customer” onto the team. Work with UX design to ensure proper research into the customer viewpoint and needs by working closely with research, marketing, customer success, analytics, and users. Deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications.
- Drive success of the final product and improvement iterations on an ongoing basis with the team and other stakeholders
- Strong team building, collaboration skills, communication skills
- Strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Passionate about solving problems for customers and able to define compelling products that address those needs
- Fast learner and comfortable with technical details. You can have credible conversations with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple teams including engineering, marketing, sales and services to ensure a world-class customer experience
- Productive and able to identify the most important issues, prioritize and deliver results consistently
- Experience cultivating and maintaining internal and /or external stakeholder relationships
- Work experience in platform-based businesses such as social media, SaaS or other similar models with large numbers of users
- 5+ years software Product Management experience similar to the above essential functions
- Bachelor’s degree, CS degree or equivalent experience is preferred (MBA / master’s degree a plus)
- Software Product Management: 5 years
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.