WHY WORK AT ZODIAC?
As we strive to create the perfect pool experience, our team continually pushes for excellence in all we do. Continuous improvement through team development creates an environment of honesty and trust, leading to a shared passion for results. Our company culture is unlike any other – innovative, energetic and ambitious. Here at Zodiac, you can have the opportunity to be part of an industry-leading global company that is only as good as the team it is made of.
In addition, internal growth is quite common at Zodiac. We take a great amount of pride in developing our team members and preparing them for the exciting career that lies ahead. We don’t want this to be just another job – we’re in it for the long run.
Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available. The Company’s comprehensive product lines are marketed under the leading brand names of Zodiac®, Polaris®, Jandy®, Nature2®, and Cover-Pools®.
Zodiac is headquartered in Vista, CA, which is also home to its largest manufacturing plant and distribution facility. The business’s other facilities are in Salt Lake City, Utah (Cover-Pools®), Orlando, Florida and Ontario, Canada.
Be part of the team that’s vision is to exist to create the perfect pool experience by designing innovative solutions that increase comfort, enjoyment and peace of mind.
We currently have a full time opening for a Product Manager – water care in our Vista, California headquarters.
The ideal candidate will support both sustaining and new product development (NPD) programs. The primary portfolios under this person’s responsibility are saltwater chlorine generators, chemical automation systems, and any other product affecting pool and spa water chemistry, sanitation, and balance.
This is a high-profile role, having responsibility for cradle to grave product management from conducting in-field research and defining product specifications, through launch forecasting. The Product Manager is also the core team leader central to all marketing communications and training initiatives related to their product portfolio.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, team environment. As a leader, you recognize the importance of delivering quality, innovative, products to market which directly target our customers wants and needs, and have the ability to influence the organization to prioritize those programs which will enhance our brands and drive ensure short and long-term business success. As a team member, you lead by example, own the research process, and strive to become a highly detailed business, application, and product expert. This is a fantastic opportunity for the aspiring doer and business leader.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build a strong understanding of our channels, customers, and their applications in order to empathize with their goals and challenges and advocate for improving their experiences.
- Assess competitive products, technologies, and processes, as well as adjacent markets and technologies.
- Define product specs and portfolio roadmaps in collaboration with the broader product management, engineering, and executive teams. Evangelize the specs and roadmap vision based on user research and feedback.
- Actively participate in regular demand planning / supply chain meetings.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute launch plans along with key stakeholders to maximize sales and market share.
- Provide marketingsupport to all operational and commercial initiatives relevant to your portfolios.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5years product management or product marketing.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to understand how our products are chosen, prescribed, sold, and installed.
- Practical knowledge of water chemistry and relevant physical properties / attributes.
- Self-directed and driven, with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direct supervision.
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong platform (presentation) skills: equally comfortable with delivering technical specs to engineers, as well as strategy presentations to executives.
- Able to be flexible as needs change, moving seamlessly between the strategic and the tactical, while maintaining focus on our prescriber’s and end-user’s needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit
Zodiac Pool Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Zodiac Pool Systems does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.