This is a Senior Product Manager position accountable for managing a Sales Enablement product group, with a major focus on bank-wide CRM. Accountable for Product strategy development, and recommending, prioritizing, and delivering new product features for the purpose of maximizing the business value of the Product Group. Performs role of product advocate on cross-functional teams, presenting new product proposals and/or enhancements that support achievement of bank goals and strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and supporting the strategic operational direction for the Frontline product line and/or managing a portfolio of assigned products. Clearly articulates product positioning, key benefits, and business value proposition.
- Developing and maintaining assigned product line roadmap(s), delivering product requirements and bringing new features to launch, evaluating the impact of regulatory changes, risk assessments, incorporating Bank initiatives, and/or user needs analysis.
- Responsible for writing user stories, prioritizing the product backlog, and ensuring feature/enhancement is aligned with the product roadmap for the assigned product group.
- Responsible for evaluating and enhancing frontline products, identifying opportunities for enhancements, tracking user satisfaction and managing changes to assigned products. This includes evaluating the impact of regulatory changes, risk assessments, incorporating Bank initiatives, and user needs analysis on new and/or enhanced products and solutions.
- Partner with delivery team, stakeholders, and key frontline subject matter experts and/or lead cross-functional project teams in the creation and launch of new products and enhancements based on business strategy. May include developing release plans, presentations, development of training material, communications and other information related to release management.
- Responsible for securing and/or negotiating contracts with and managing the vendor relationships with those who provide solutions and services to the Bank. May conduct risk reviews and analysis of effectiveness.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT, Finance, or related field is required.
- Master's Degree in Business, IT, Finance or related field is preferred.
- 5 - 8 years of product management, IT, and banking experience combined.
- Candidates with 3-5 years of demonstrable experience in Product Management/Ownership, Solution/System administration, and/or management related to CRM are strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of CRM platforms, such as Salesforce, Sugar CRM, Dynamics, and/or Pipedrive is preferred
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFE and Kanban experience required.
- Extensive ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance. This includes demonstrated project leadership of product delivery teams, comprised of cross-functional experts and vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of Retail and Wholesale banking products, services, processes, and infrastructural components that impact assigned products and solutions.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills, sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, creative thinker with a clear vision, and strong attention to detail.
- Extensive written and verbal communication, presentation skills, and project management skills. Ability to train and present to small and large audiences. Ability to present findings and recommendations to the most senior levels of the organization.
- Extensive ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company and with vendor partners to achieve positive customers experience and timely problem resolution.
- Possess strong understand of Regulatory and Compliance, and Product Risk Mitigation strategies.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment -- no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
- Occasional travel.