The Product Manager is responsible for the overall management, strategic focus, and overall profitability and success of assigned product lines.
Creates product types to address client demand by overseeing the design, development, and marketing of new products, including compliance, legal, technology, operations, training and marketing, for one or more divisions, or market segments within specified products lines.
Identifies and establishes products and programs based on assessments of the competitive environment, identification of market segments, product positioning, pricing, and profitability.
Reviews and modifies existing products to maximize profitability and meet customer needs through ongoing analysis, cost containment, and pricing.
Reviews new developments in the market, evaluates potential products within specified product lines.
Develops a marketing strategy and establishes marketing objectives for each assigned product.
Works with advertising, public relations personnel, and production units to develop effective programs to sell the product(s) including product goals, promotions, and incentives.
Develops and maintains a marketing/promotional calendar to promote products within the product lines.
Evaluates the success of products through employee and client surveys and focus groups and recommends changes in the product or marketing strategy. Provides initial and ongoing product/sales training for production unites.
Serves as the product expert for the product line. Responsible for providing knowledge training to Bank employees including developing training material as well as facilitating training of all products within the product line.
Oversees vendor relationships including initial and ongoing vendor reviews and due diligence.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Ensures the quality of the products and services offered, working with vendors or Bank departments to maintain high levels of service
- Conducts periodic product reviews to determine product use, profitability, and competitiveness, Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition
- Introduces new products, eliminate underutilized products, or modifies existing products to meet the needs of the market and improve profitability of the product line
- Oversees the implementation of new products and product changes
- Provides information and assistance to Management and vendors, when necessary, to competitively and profitably price the product
- Manages day-to-day progress of product(s) including pricing, product training, salessupport, and marketing
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of the product(s)
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 7+ years related sales/product management experiencerequired including product marketing, presentation, and writing skills, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experiencerequired.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and Internet
- Possess excellent human relations, communications, and business writing skills
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting requireddeadlines and reporting requirements
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank's needs
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to make and support sound decisions
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion, and good judgment
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Able to work effectively without direct supervision
- Able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures
- Must be able to travel throughout bank's footprint to perform required duties (less than 25%)