About the Position
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management of large-scale website and app creation. You are responsible for delivering a completed project on time, on specification, and on budget. Working in collaboration with the rest of the product team (including UX Designers, Product Designers, Developers), you are expected to know your clients’ digital products inside and out. This means ensuring delivery adheres to the client’s product and brand strategy, creates the most desirable user experience, and is properly executed in development.
Product Managers must demonstrate a good understanding of project management tools and best-practice methodology, and the flexibility to lead a diverse and dynamic team to deliver best-in-class products. The Product Manager is everyone’s point person for the project. Team members rely on the Product Manager for everything they need to know about a project: what to expect, what to do next, and what the client expects to see. The successful candidate will have superior problem solving skills, a passion for innovation and technology, and a desire to learn.
- Manage medium- to large-sized projects independently or in collaboration with senior team members, from initiation through completion.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of website and/or app creation processes and best practices.
- Serve as the expert on the client’s digital product(s), working with teams in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Partner with the Client Services team to ensure a smooth process and proper resource allocation.
- Ability to support teams in client-facing communication, such as communicating timelines, demystifying complex ideas, and managing client expectations.
- Develop realistic and justifiable estimates, scopes and timelines for all projects, and be accountable for the scope and budget as the project progresses.
- Track ongoing costs throughout project lifecycle.
- Proactively identify project issues/risks, escalate to the appropriate leadership, and assist in issue/risk resolution.
- Meet regularly with Product Management and Client Services leadership to contribute toward the overall development and health of the account.
- 3-6 years relevant project management, production, or product management experience in an interactive agency or similar environment
- Can show experience in scoping of projects, creating project budgets, tracking actuals, and creating statements of work
- Stays abreast of new trends in advertising and technology
- Solid understanding of production methodologies, and the product development process, Experience Design, Product Design, Technology (web and application development), Analytics, etc.
- A professional but approachable demeanor, and the ability to handle with grace and humor the uncertainties associated with agency work.
- Proficiency with timeline creation software such as Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, etc; Project Management tools such as Basecamp, Trello, Airtable, JIRA/Confluence; Microsoft Office, Keynote
- Ability to travel
- Experience working on Pharma a plus.