Manages Advanced Energy’s worldwide business for multiple industrial RF product lines through their lifecycles, including product strategy, customer/market requirements analysis, and pricing. On a peer basis, interacts with engineering, manufacturing, and sales to optimize business performance for assigned product lines. Assists in segmentation, business planning, product marketing strategies, portfolio management, negotiations, and production forecasts.
Helps to define the roles of product managers, and their interactions with other departments with the vice president, directors, and other senior product managers,. Also helps create the processes with which they carry out their work, and sets the standards for product management at AE. Provides training for the other product managers.
- Manages lifecycles of multiple AE product lines from concept through launch, to end of life and obsolescence. These products lines will likely be at different stages of their respective lifecycles.
- Reports to Senior Management on the P&L performance of assigned Product Lines.
- Monitors global market trends for new opportunities, and refines understanding of user needs in AE target markets through research and customer visits.
- Assesses viability of product concepts & customization requests to meet worldwide market, financial, and technology goals.
- Defines product plans, including critical features, price targets, profit, return on investment (ROI), competitive strength, and value delivery.
- Guides development and manages tradeoffs of specifications & schedules for new products and/or services.
- Manages engineering priorities for assigned product lines assuring alignment of engineering efforts with business goals and customer requirements.
- Interfaces with Global Sales, Research and Development, Engineering, Worldwide Customer Support, Operations, Corporate Marketing, Quality, and other partners to ensure new offerings meet technical specifications, cost targets, delivery commitments, and achieve customer adoption.
- As needed, coordinates with external partners, Business Development, alternative channels, and third party integrators.
- With Corporate Marketing, drives naming, positioning, literature, collateral, web content, and launch activities.
- Coordinates regular forecasting and demand analysis with Sales.
- Maye be responsible for managing Product Managers and other Marketing staff members directly reporting to this position, including personnel issues, budgets, and activities
- Uses market research and competitive analysis as needed in these activities to maximize AE global market advantage.
- Defines and implements sustaining & end-of-life strategies for mature or declining product lines.
- Assists with annual business planning, marketing tools, and infrastructure as needed.
Works in a standard office environment and uses general office equipment (phone, PC, copier, fax machine, etc.). Extended hours will be necessary depending on market conditions from time to time. Travel, both domestic and international, up to 20% of work time, is anticipated. This position has a significant amount of interdepartmental communications.
- Excellent communication skills, both face to face and written.
- Broad understanding of end user plasma processing and AE products.
- Financial analysis capability.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Superior organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Business savvy and strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to structure market research and competitive analysis.
- Energy and ability to motivate others.
- 5 - 10 years experience in product marketing or related marketing position.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years experience with thin film device manufacturing or thin film equipment manufacturing. Thin film devices include integrated circuits, hard drives, thin film heads, CD’s, DVD’s, etc.
- Experience with semiconductor equipment manufacturing highly desirable.
- Prefer some sales or marketing management experience in high technology.
- B.S. in Engineering or Science, or equivalent.
- Advanced degree, including M.S., Ph.D., or MBA, highly desirable.