The Product Manager will be responsible for developing annual and long-term product category strategy in line with company strategic plans. This position will help to guide the product roadmap such that Revision develops and grows its global leadership position in personal protective products as well as develops solutions in other optics related areas outside of the military market. The Product Manager will be accountable for product-line planning and positioning to ensure that Revision can deliver best in class personal protective products for militaries, law enforcement and other governmental agencies worldwide.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts market research and analyzes competitive and technology trends for the product category.
- Develops long-term product category strategy and related product roadmaps including annual Product Line Plan (PLP), and product SKU rationalization.
- Manage the development and implementation of product roadmaps.
- Work with Engineering to assess new technologies for introduction into the product portfolios.
- Develop and maintain the product development pipeline. Help to prioritize projects based on market awareness and customer needs.
- Work closely with Sales and Business Development to target and prioritize customer groups.
- Develop relationships with customers as a means to ongoing Voice of Customer (VoC) data collection on product needs or technical solutions.
- Translate VoC into functional product specifications for new products.
- Lead the cross functional development of new product business cases.
- Manage the product lines including each product’s life cycle from inception to obsolescence.
- Work closely with Marketing to establish product positioning plans, Go-To-Market plans, and other strategic marketing initiatives for new products.
- Assist with developing the value-selling points and supporting documentation for product launches.
- Become the technical go-to person for Sales and Business Development regarding technical performance, providing input for product sales sheets, product comparisons and competitive intelligence.
- Lead benchmarking assessments of competitor products.
- Manage product pricing.
- Provide Sales, Customer Service, Marketing and specific customers with product knowledge through comprehensive product training.
- Ensure that Intellectual Property opportunities are identified and captured.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- 3-5 year’s product management or product merchandising experience in a product driven company with a global customer base.
- Experience managing and developing products with highly defined customer technical requirements and governing technical standards.
- Proven success in all phases of the product life cycle—identification of need, development of product requirements, product design, quality and production hand-off, launch and ongoing product management.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and desire to be an integral part of a winning team.
- Responsiveness to external and internal customers and a can-do, positive attitude are a must.
- Prior military experience is a plus.
- Experience with Military or Law Enforcement protective products and technologies is a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of time to include internationally.
- Office environment, some repetitive motion required.
- Some travel may be required.