The Product Manager is responsible for Corindus’ next-generation remote robotics product, focused on guiding remote robotics development and operationalizing telerobotics. You will represent the customer and market opportunity to the engineering team and other internal business partners throughout the product development process. You will assess product trade-offs, determine impact to customers and the business, and develop recommendations for decisions. The position requires direct contact with customers, including physicians, clinicians, and other hospital personnel. You will be integrated into the development team and key collaboration sites, and are expected to establish strong relationships and communication among internal and external teams and contacts.
- Lead upstream work on next-generation (NG) remote technology and future derivative platform projects. Develop recommendations for technical product direction, serve as product management representative on core teams, representing the market and customer needs throughout the product development process.
- Create and execute market research plans to identify and define stakeholder needs and product/business requirements.
- Define global product concepts, create stakeholder and marketing specifications, assess and quantify business impact, and create initial marketing segmentation and positioning.
- Establish strategic marketing plans, pricing strategies, and product positioning.
- Work closely with platform product managers to include remote functionality to meet specific needs of various vascular segments and procedures.
- Lead product support for clinical trial launches and limited market releases for platform products.
- Lead market research related to product launch planning, and support branding, segmentation, positioning, market acceptance, etc.
- Inform and train Marketing team and Field Trainers on new techniques and products.
- Establish and develop key internal and external relationships, including cross functional teams, field teams, and thought leaders.
- Monitor existing and potential competitive activity and products.
- Travel in field regularly to assess customer needs, field opinions, and prototype performance to drive product development.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters a plus.
- 3-5 years of successful, related business experience, including product management, strategic marketing, consulting, and/or sales; medical device/robotics product management preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with new product development and launch.
- Understanding of endovascular procedures and techniques preferred.
- Experience with medical robotics preferred.
- Strategic, critical thinking, and analytical skills for structured problem-solving.
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in creating and delivering presentations to influence decisions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to balance customer relationships with company and project objectives.
- Ability to articulate complex technical ideas/information clearly, effectively, and persuasively.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time, occasionally on short notice.